Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zip code in database

Hi all,

I just noticed that some US east coast zip codes that begin with zero, have the zero dropped in my table. Will this appear as a 4 digit number if someone retrieves info in a search? Or is the zero just not visible in MyAdmin?

Re: zip code in database

If you have set the zip code as number field, zeros at the begining are trimmed off. Set the ZIP code as text and not as number. In many countries zip contains also letters.

You need to change both the field type in your form, AND the field type in your database table.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Naval.

Another question: I've seen in the phone number field of forms set up where the brackets for area codes and hyphens are set as initial values, like this; (___)-___-____ , and the cursor moves as user enters the correct amount of numbers. Is this a difficult trick?

Comment

It requires custom Javascript, so it is not an easy task.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X