Two Quickies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Quickies

1) Can I publish an add on domain before I publish my main website? The main one is taking longer than the smaller site I have completed.

2) How do I add parked domains to an add on domain? Everytime I go to CP it brings up my main site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sandy

1st web site coming soon...I hope!
    www.Premium-Commerce.com (Web Design)
    www.MedellinTravelGuide.com
    www.SouthFloridaForklifts.com

Re: Two Quickies

Originally posted by sandman0011 View Post
    1) Can I publish an add on domain before I publish my main website? The main one is taking longer than the smaller site I have completed.

Yes you can, just publish to the folder of the addon domain.. i.e public_html/foldername

2) How do I add parked domains to an add on domain? Everytime I go to CP it brings up my main site.

Your CP WILL automatically go to your main account when you open it. You can't have a seperate CP for each domain. What exactly are you wanting to do? You just add each domain as an add on then you can redirect them to your main account domain if you so wish. This is called Parking a domain.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sandy

1st web site coming soon...I hope!
    Hope that helps Sandy.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

RE: ) How do I add parked domains to an add on domain? Everytime I go to CP it brings up my main site.

Your CP WILL automatically go to your main account when you open it. You can't have a seperate CP for each domain. What exactly are you wanting to do? You just add each domain as an add on then you can redirect them to your main account domain if you so wish. This is called Parking a domain.

I have www.mysite.com (my CP account) with several parked domains on it. I also have another www.bestsite.com. I want to park some domains on it as well. Guess I can just park them on mysite then re-direct them to bestsite?

Makes sense!

Sandy

Comment

Hi Sandy:

When you purchase a domain name, it is considered parked until you actually add it on to your voda hosting account and publish pages to it for a website. Parking a domain is a way of securing a domain name for future use. The domain is registered and is parked on the server where you purchased this domain until you are ready to make this domain active - i.e., publishing pages to this domain, making a website.

Your voda hosting account is opened with a Main Domain which all pages you create are published to public_html (the directory or folder for this domain).

When you purchase other domain names, until you add them on to your voda hosting account (giving them their name servers) they are considered parked. If you purchased this add on domain through Voda Host, it will be parked until you log into vbs and point the domain to voda servers.

If you are not ready to publish to your main domain at present, I suggest just publishing a blank page, named, saved and published as index saying Coming Soon.

When you go into control panel, you will see a file folder called public_html - this is the directory for you main account. When you add on a domain, you will then find a folder (directory) within the public_html for this domain ..

Publish your main domain to public_html
        Publish any pages to your ADDON DOMAINS to public_html/addondomainname

In order for you to ADD ON a domain, you need to point this domain to your voda hosting servers (found in your log in information). If you add on this domain in your voda hosting account, it will NOT be a Parked Domain - it will be an active domain waiting for you to publish your pages.

Keep in mind, every domain needs to be published in the same way other than where it gets published to. For instance, every domain name needs the main landing page of its url to be named, saved and published as index.

I hope this clears things up for you ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes it does. Thanks for taking the time for such a lengthy response.

I have all (well, almost all) of my domains pointed at my BV host;

I have created Public_html/addondomain for the ones I am going to publish to;

I have parked additional domain names under my main domain name www.mywebsite.com and pointed them to my main domain name; IE: www.mywebsites.com www.websitesmine.com so that no matter how someone types it into a search, it will come to my main page. At least, that is the way I uderstood it!

Thanks Again

Sandy

Comment

Excellent ... good news for you ...

but ... let's call it all your domains are pointed to Voda Servers (Blue Voda being the software program that you create your website in, and Voda Host being the Hosting Company .. :)

Great Job.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

As right you are. This is like learning a new language (which I am also doing in all my spare time....LOL)

Thanks again Lady Eye. I can use all the help I can get.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X