This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Load Limit

In your terms, you state that the server load cannot exceed 30%. Is there a possible way to view this status in the Cpanel? I know that the Cpanel includes a server status page, which displays information about the server.

Which part of this page shows the current server load usage? Is the:

"Server Load"

or

"Memory Used"

or somthing else? Is it one of these statistics that show the current server load? Does "Memory Used" important in determining the 30%?

Another question is do you prefer the mysql_connect or mysql_pconnect (Persistant Connections)?

Re: Server Load Limit

Do you mind me asking wha exactly do you have planned? These type of
    questions send up red flags all over the place....Please tell me it is not a
    game, radio or chat relay server.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

No, it is not any of those. In PHP scripts, there are two ways to connect to a mysql database, one method uses persistance connections, and one doesn't. While persistance connections is recommend, it has been known to be more server intese, and could potentially cause problems when sharing a server with other websites.

My first question simply asks how to check to make sure the level as uner 30% of the limit, that way I can be sure that their isn't a problem with the site. The site when functioning normally doesn't require much power at all, but if there is somthing wrong, the server load with probably go higher than I would expect, which would be an indication the site is have trouble free the resourses it uses.

Comment

Ok...I see, there is know way you as a customer can check server load. We try
        to keep all server loads at 4 and below...Every once and a while a script will peak
        the server load and a auto PID kill is initiated.

At this point we will suspend the account pending a investigation.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X