Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mailto: Want mailto: link but it's displaying my personal contact list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mailto: Want mailto: link but it's displaying my personal contact list.

I'd like a link to my email address that brings up the mailto: box.
    But when try it in view the box comes up but my address is not in the To: space.

Also the box shows a button for Accounts that when clicked shows the two accounts I have configured with Outlook...one of which is my BlueVoda account (mhknuckles@apublicsecret.com).

When you click either one, a message pops over the To: box stating that "This message will be sent via mhknuckles@apublicsecret.com

But it also contains a button that when clicked displays my email contact list. I wouldn't want viewers to the site having the ability to contact the people on my email list.

Have I got something configured wrong?

apublicsecret.com

Re: mailto: Want mailto: link but it's displaying my personal contact list.

Okies then.. well.. now that my eyes arent spinning in circles here...

You have LOTS of overlap on your site. Make sure you check out that resolution.. i even full screened and still had over lap and went up one setting in the resolution and still got it.

In bv type what you want the link to say.. hilight it click the link icon, choose mail to and it should do it for you.

Alternately, you can html code it
    mailto:mhnuckles@apublicsecret.com?subject=Whateve ryou wantittosay

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks so much.
      By overlap, do you mean the site is too big? My laptop screen is 20" so it looks great when I view it.

I set the page properties to 800. I am not sure how to check the resolution or where to. But I don't want other viewers to see what you are mentioning.

Could you explain what exactly I should reduce.
      First attempt at this.

If I have to start over, do I have to delete each of those files in public_html individually? There is a "Delete this folder and all the files under it" option. But I am afraid of messing up something else.

Comment

my resoution is at 1024 and the picture fills in the middle. To set up your resolution for your computor, right click the desktop, go to settings and then choose which setting you wish to look at your computor. It has nothing to do with 20" screen. Orignially, you may have set your page at 800, but something is stretching the size. Go back to your page properties and check again the size. I believe it is going to read close to 1400 +. It only stretches out on the home page and quips page. You just have to resize by right clicking on the background and look at the size.

As for your mailto link: on the left panel you will have a text link ab in blue. click on that and you will get a box that appears with link 1, 2, 3, 4. Double click on that and the configuration box comes up. Remove link 4 and 3. Highlight link 1 - put in your email address and below it there is a drop down menu - choose mailto instead of http://
        the url address should be the email address you want the emails to go to, choose target blank. You can change the size or font of your link by clicking on the style tab. Once you have done link 1 repeat this for link 2. If you would like me to walk you through this just contact me through my website and I would be happy to help you.
        hope this helps
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info
        God be with you.
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by mrmagoo144 View Post
          If you would like me to walk you through this just contact me through my website and I would be happy to help you.
          VodaHost makes available exhaustive Client Assistance by providing the VodaTalk Forums (which can be "Searched" for specific key word issues), Tutorials (which detail every aspect of using any of the features of Blue Voda or other utilities), and Support Tickets, which is directly routed to Customer Service......it is not the "tradition" in VodaLand to interfere with that process, or to elevate oneself to an improper status by implying such personal access.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
            That fixed my mailto problem right up.

I found a text box out to the side of the Home page that might have been the cause of the stretching you mentioned. I removed it but I still don't see the stretching when I view the sight on IE or Firefox. I couldn't find anything on Quips. I checked the resolution it was 805 exactly. i would greatly appreciate it you could let me know if It is still doing it.

VideoPostCards is really cool. Know lots of folks that would love it. Will pass the word.

Here's a word for you:
            As iron *****ens iron, so one man *****ens another. Proverbs 27:17

May the Lord God bless you REAL GOOD. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X