Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone using Horde for email?

Hello World,

Lady Eye said I could ask questions about using Horde email but I don't know where to post this so feel free to move it.

I have read everything in the Help areas and I think I have a handle on using Horde but there are some things I don't like. Such as: There is no way to Bold, Italicize, change fonts, colors, etc...... Is there?

Does anyone out there use this?
    If not, what do you use?

When I first set up my email with VH there were 3 different ones to choose from. Silly me, I thought it would be possible to look at them and then choose one. Not so. It seems I got stuck with the first one I clicked on. Don't even remember the other names now.

I hope I have just overlooked the instructions and someone can set me straight.

Thank you,
    Deet

h-denterprises.com
    woodentoysonline.net
    enjoythebirds.com

Re: Is anyone using Horde for email?

Hi Deet

When using the horde webmail, you can change your message from plain text composition to HTML composition. Then you will be able to bold, italicize, etc. To do this just switch, and then as you type, hilight the word or words that you want to create bold, click the B - and the same for color of fonts, etc.

Those 3 email addresses are assigned to your domain name ... and you should instead create yourself some new email addresses.

You would probably like to have contact@yourdomainname.com

or whatever right?

So what you do is go into your control panel, choose Mail (not webmail) then you will have a menu to add or create an account - create the email address you would like to use and also a password to access this email account. You can create as many email addresses for each domain as you like.

You will also see that you can forward your webmail to your inbox on your own computer if you like .. or configure for use with outlook or outlook express.

If you need further help, feel free to give a shout!!

P.S.
    I am moving ur thread to email ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Lady Eye you ARE so wonderful!!!!! It does exactly what I want!
      I spent over an hour last evening figuring out how to change my identity so everything would not go out under the h-d enterprises address. My biggest problem is the fear of changing things from what they are.

Look at what happened when I originally clicked on horde. The 3 names I was referring to are not email addresses...I was able to do those on my own, one or two for each domain. (Little bit of pride showing here:))

The first time I was directed to choose a web mail program there were 3 choices. That's what I meant. I selected horde to check it out with the intent of looking at all 3 programs and found that I was stuck with it.

I like having my business emails separate from my personal. It helps to create a little bit of order in my life. (Don't we all need that sometimes?)

And thanks for moving my thread where it belongs. :)

Deet

Comment

Excellent Deet ...

So glad you are happy and all sorted ....

and yes we do all need a little order ... where did you buy it? LOL

You're doing great!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X