chmoding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chmoding

I have moved over my website publishing over to my new laptop, and tried to make a sub domain like I always have. I tried to publish and I got a 550 error, which mean it doesn’t exist, so I went to my control panel and noticed it was different from the ones I had before.

neopets-help.socks198915.com (public_html/neopets-help) – How it showed up when I did it in the past

olimages.socks198915.com (public_html) - how it shows up now

I sent in a support ticket and got this answer:
    “You chmodded that folder 750. I have made it 755.”

The problem is, I have no idea what that means. I look up the definition of chmod:

“Short for change mode, a UNIX command that changes the access permissions of files or directories in order to read, write or execute files.”

Does anyone know what the 750/755 refers to or how to fix the problem? (I still have no idea what to do)

Re: Help with understanding support ticket

every file in your file manager has a code number attached to it.
    go to control panel, look in file manager and you will see the code applied. If you have a 750 code just change it to 755. To do that click on the file and you will have 5 or 6 options, such as delete or change code, etc...
    hope this helps,
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Re: Help with understanding support ticket

I went through my file manager and couldn’t find the pages anywhere. On my Sub Domain Maintenance they show up as blah.socks198915.com (public_html) while all the others are listed as blah.socks198915.com (public_html/blah).

They show as my home page:

Homepage- http://www.socks198915.com/

Example - otherlinksimages.socks198915.com

I figured I could maybe go backwards and make one that’s 755 to 750 and see if the folder changed location or what not. Its still where it was before, but they page is showing as “Forbidden
      You don't have permission to access / on this server.”

Comment

Re: chmoding

click the below to learn how to change file permissions....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I get the whole how to change permission thing, but my problem is that I can’t find the folders anywhere. Previously when I have added a sub domain, a folder has been added to my public_html folder, but I can’t find where the new ones are. I have looked in all the other folders, but I can’t find anything with the same name.

I decided to make a folder myself, and then publish my page, which worked. My new question is: why is it not automatically adding a folder? Why do I now have to log in and make a folder in order to publish my pages? The added page is not showing in my added sub domains, which I don’t know if thats good or bad.

Page (that I made a folder for) in my public_html folder: http://socks198915.com/otherlinks1/

Comment

I think you need to put in a support ticket, and describe precisely what you are trying to do. I am totally confused just from reading this, rather you want subdomains, or just folders within a domain, which isnt the same thing at all.

Do the support ticket. Its the best rather than trying to decipher what is or isnt.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Sent in another support ticket and got:
              "I have upgraded your cPanel skin to X3, please try to delete and then recreate your addon domain again as this will resolve your issue."

It is working now...just thought I should update here :)

Comment

Working...
              X