This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on making other people web sites

I am starting my own web design business and need to know the rules about creating and posting their sites through BluebVoda.Can you please help me on this issue?
    I need to know if there are any rules or guidelines against this.

Re: Info on making other people web sites

There are two ways you can do that.

1- You purchase the domain name and purchase the hosting account from Voda Host. You create their website.

2- The customer purchases the domain name and purchases the hosting account from Voda Host and then you are appointed as the web master and go ahead and create the site.

#1 method- opens you up to liability as to what the company does or has on their site and any arising litigation.

#2 method- you are simply the web master.

Hope that helps.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thank you andy128 but i am still not sure what this means.

1)Can i purchase new domain names and publish them through my site and my ip?
      for example:
      My site is www.fanosdesignsolutions.com , can i just purchase a new domain name and have it come as its own individual name like www.martyntheelctrician.com through my ip?

or

Do i have to specifically purchase an ip address and domain name for each and every site that i am creating for my customers?

Comment

Hi, if each extra site you added to your account is for your own use, there would be no problem. But if you make a site for someone else & add it to your account, this would be classed as reselling & would not be allowed.
        If you are making a site for others, you would be far better letting them open an account with VH via some instructions, & then you getting there login details & building the site for them.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, that's right, in other words, every site you build for a client, requires that client to have their own voda host account .. You can have each client sign up from your "own" affiliate ID. You will also have made a sale, just as voda host does. The affiliate program with Voda Host is second to none! Every client will require their own domain name and this is FREE for the client when they join Voda Hosting. Have your client sign up for their hosting account from an email you deliver to their inbox, insert the link to voda host that includes your affiliate ID. You cannot build websites for your clients and add them or host them with your own voda hosting account.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you so much.This is a great help. :)

Now i just need to understand how the affiliate program works and what u meant by me making a sale and how that affects me?

Would my client pay VH directly or would i do it for them?

If the client pays VH directly how am i making a sale?

k, so i get my client to sign up with VH for their domain and ip address but i create there web site for them? how would i go about this?

What are the exact steps for me to take?

Sorry if i am asking too many questions i just want to make sure i am fully
            understanding everything even though they might seem a little lame.
            Oh,and there will most likely be a lot more of these coming just to warn you :)

Thanks again

Comment

Yes! Your client pays direct to VH.

You are making a sale via telling your client to click on an affiliate link on your site or via an email you have sent them. (Join affiliates) You would have to join VH affiliates. And you would only get a pay out if your client hasn’t been to VH before.

They join VH as any other user would. They will then receive via email details on there account. These details can be forwarded to you so you can work on the site.
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Okay, I am providing services to my clients so that they do not have to go through the hassle of signing up through different companies.Clients want the web design company they are going through(fanosdesignsolutions) to be able to build their site and take care of hosting procedures for them.

Can i register for a domain name and hosting on behalf of my client through my billing account? This way they will have their own domain and ip for me to post their site on and the client will not be involved with the sign up process since i should be able to do this for them?

Comment

No.

If you are building a website for another person/company- it must be a seperate account.

That said: the account can be purchased/owned by you or the other person/company.

Anything short of this is reselling or hosting and is not allowed.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi Fanos,

there are solutions to all problems.

yes, you can use your billing account, to get a new account for each client. And, you can also get your affiliate commission, though you sign up through your own computer, by submitting first a suport ticket telling VH that you are a design bureau and that you are going to signup for a new client.

However, it would be wise that you provide your client's details during the signup procedure, so that the domain results to their name and not yours. This way you will not have the liability for content that will probably be posted on their site (although i understand that you will be the webmaster, you never know in the future....)
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help. This is a big relief to know that i can use VH for what i originally signed up for. I guess BlueVoda really is the best.:)

As of right now i have no more questions but i am sure there will be more to come soon.lol..

Thanks again for all your help.

Sincerely,

Fanos Theo

Comment

Hi there,

I have read through the affiliate agreement and have a couple quick questions.

1)Is it mendatory for me to post the VodaHost web hosting links on my website?

2)Do i have to post a certain amount of links or is it left to my discretion?

3)How many links do they provide you with to post on the site?

Sincerely,

Fanos Theo

Comment

1. No, but how would it work if not ?

2. Your discretion

3. ? VH provides a number of banners based both on VH logo and on BlueVoda Logo. In total they are more than 20 - 30 . This doesn't mean you ned to use all of them, choose the ones that better suit you.
                          Navaldesign
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi there,

1)I cannot sign in to my bluevoda with my eamil and my password that was provided for me.

2)My ip is not listed when i try to publish my website.Why is this?

I have got my email on the 16th and it explained for me to wait for 24 to 72 hours it has been a 24 hours after that and stil nothing.

Comment

1. Sign in in Blue Voda ? you mean your site ? you can not login with your email and password, you need to login with your username and password.

BV gets updated very often with the new IP addresses, as new servres are added. Please download the last version and your IP address will be there.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                              X