X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redirecting from Thank you page and Compulsory field completion

Can anyone help?

I have 2 questions please.

1) When someone clicks the submit button on my from they are taken to a Thank You page. I now need to add the option on my Thank You page which says "click here to be taken back to home page". Any idea's on how to do this in .php

2) The fields that I have in my form, I want to make them compulsory to complete. How do I do this so people don't send me blank fields.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    www.freecybermag.com
    Print it, Read it, Share it.

Re: Redirecting from Thank you page and Compulsory field completion

Originally posted by editorfcm
    Can anyone help?

1) When someone clicks the submit button on my from they are taken to a Thank You page. I now need to add the option on my Thank You page which says "click here to be taken back to home page". Any idea's on how to do this in .php

2) The fields that I have in my form, I want to make them compulsory to complete. How do I do this so people don't send me blank fields.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    As to your first question: If you have your php page built with BlueVoda and then saved it setting extension to be php, insert the following script in your thankyoupage, in the Between Head Tag:
    <meta http-equiv="Refresh"

content="3; URL=http://www.yourdomain.com/page_to_redirect_to.html">

Change the number 3 in whatever you wish the delay to be and the name of the page to redirect to. This way visitors won't even have to click on anything, they will automatically be redirected to whatever page you wish.

You can also add a button linked to your homepage, or whatever page you wish them to go to. Another option is a "History button" with the page number set to -2, so when the visitors click on that button they will go back
    to the page where they were before they got to your form page. Have a look at www.navaldesign.info/feedback6php.php . Sorry but I can't help with your second question.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by editorfcm
      Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
      I might just have found the solution to your problem. If you are still interested
      let me know
      Navaldesign
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
        As to your first question: If you have your php page built with BlueVoda and then saved it setting extension to be php, insert the following script in your thankyoupage, in the Between Head Tag:

Change the number 3 in whatever you wish the delay to be and the name of the page to redirect to. This way visitors won't even have to click on anything, they will automatically be redirected to whatever page you wish.

You can also add a button linked to your homepage, or whatever page you wish them to go to. Another option is a "History button" with the page number set to -2, so when the visitors click on that button they will go back
        to the page where they were before they got to your form page. Have a look at www.navaldesign.info/feedback6php.php . Sorry but I can't help with your second question.
        Take also a look at http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/showthread.php?p=11943#post11943

the Field completion is in some way solved there.
        Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign

Hi navaldesign
          your tips are very helpful, But i don't understand about history button. does bluevoda have?
          Thanks
          Nyoman

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoman
            Hi navaldesign
            your tips are very helpful, But i don't understand about history button. does bluevoda have?
            Thanks
            No, that's not a button implemented in Bluvoda. It's a "Back" Button that you can get with a small piece if code. In your page, insert a HTML frame, double click to edit it, end insert the following in the HTML window that will open:

<FORM>
            <input type="button" class="but" value="< BACK " onclick=history.go(-1)>
            </FORM>

By changing (-1) to -(2) or (-3) you get back 1, 2 or 3 pages, that's why I call it a "History" button. So after completing the form, your visitor can go back exactly where he was before he went to the Form page (You need to put -2 to have this done).

Otherwise you may directly redirect to whatever page you want, using the other bit of code.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Got it
              Thanks
              XXX
              Nyoman

Comment

Working...
              X