Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votepro Installation instructions ?

I have been to the address:

many times and unsuccessfully tried to install votepro.

I get as far as step 3 where it says to change attributes of file 'config.php' and i am lost. The file is empty. Please explain what is mean by the attribute of the file and how do I change it ?

Please help me.

Thank you kindly.

Re: Votepro Installation instructions ?

Hi, changing the file attributes gives the file certain permissions. It might be this file needs permission to have things written to it for voting & this is what you are doing. You can change the file permission via your cpanel or via BV FTP Manager. With BV FTP, Connect to your server & find the file that is to have the permission changed. Right click on the file & select properties. You will now have to check the top 2 rows of boxes at the lower part of the popup to get the permission 666. (If 666 is what’s needed) When checked press ok. Should be all done
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: Votepro Installation instructions ?

Hi there just a quick question the scrip said change config.php? This is a file inside the votepro folder does this mean that i have to open the folder find this config.php and change it to 666? what about the entire folder permission? i am confused with config.php and permission.
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X