This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to start

This is my first website attempt. Who if any, can check what I have when I publish or do I plunge in and see what I get?

Re: Help to start

Hi Larry,

Welcome, you will just love Bluevoda and Vodahost, it makes life very easy. Best thing to do is "play" with it. Watch the video tutorials, what I did was watch each one at a time, then go and put what I had learnt into practice. You will soon get the hang of it. Remember that you can always preview your work before you publish it, but if you happen to publish something that isn't right don't worry just make your changes and publish it again.

Any problems you have along the way, just post them and many here (including Vodahost themselves) will help you.

Good Luck
    Paul
    Oscommerce sites : www.nutritionzone.co.uk
    www.aromaskincare.co.uk
    www.thebirthbox.com

Comment

Yes take your time, Blue Voda is excellent. There are lots of tips and suggestions on this forum. pet121

Comment

Hello.

I am starting to build my site and I have a few questions that I don’t find answer in your site, I apologize if my questions trivial but I never build site before ……so I hope that you will understand this.

The questions:

1. I create the navigation bar, I want that this navigation will appear in each page, I need to build this again in each page or it will appear automatically because of the links.

2. In the navigation bar- edit button appears the line alternate text, what I need to write in this line? In the video don’t have anything about this.

3. If I want that click on one of the navigation bar will brings the visitor to the middle of the page, how I can do this?

4. I understand that I need to attach all my pages together by links, but the thing that I don’t understand is, if I need to create links to each image, text or logo etc in each page or only to put or to write the thing that I want?
        Thank you very much.

Comment

Ilanit,

Qn.1 You can create a Template page and use it as a page set up for every page of your with exceptional of naming it different. Eg. Index page and Contact page. The only thing changes are contents.

Qn 2.
          Altenate text is what your Buttons name will be. Original is set to Blue Voda so you can change to eg, Home, Who we are ...

Qn 3.
          You have to create frames and link all button actions to that frame. For more see this tutorial http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt4/28.htm

All the best.
          jahnSELE

Comment

See your answers in the other thread you started. However, since this one is slightly different, i'm answering again:
            1. Creating a page template and using it to build all of your pages, will save you from creating the same menubar for each page. However, it will not save you from changing it individually and republishing the pages again, if you make any changes in the future. To prevent that, use an iframe. Look at the other thread.
            2. Alt text is the text that will appear when you mouseover the button. It may contain f.e. the page name (not the name that you have saved the page with, but the name you have given it, f.e. "Our Products Catalog".
            For point 3, you need to use bookmarks (elsewhere called anchors)
            4. I don't really understand your question. You only need to link images and text if you want your visitor to click on them and get to some other page or image. That's up to you.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

All this sounds so easy.
              I know I am not being helpful by giving you any advice, but a do have a question that many beginners may be asking? Or am I the only one in the dark?
              My question is what is the first step I take to update a website page that is already on the internet?
              Myrna

Comment

Originally posted by Myrna M. Aylward
                All this sounds so easy.
                I know I am not being helpful by giving you any advice, but a do have a question that many beginners may be asking? Or am I the only one in the dark?
                My question is what is the first step I take to update a website page that is already on the internet?
                Myrna

Your questions have been answered here:

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/cus...g-website.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I think they resolved this issue.
                  jahnSELE

Comment

ok

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X