E-mail and switching hosts ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail and switching hosts ...

Hi. I have published my website and am about to switch over the name servers from my old host to VodaHost, and I started to think "what happens to the old e-mail addresses?"

We have a bunch of e-mail addresses "attached" to the old host, and I'm not sure what to do regarding the SAME e-mail addresses with the NEW host. We obviously want to keep those e-mail addresses, and I'd hate to have to have everyone contact their ..well ...contacts to have to give them a different e-mail address to start using.

Do I set up the addresses again with VodaHost? Would the new one cancel the old one out? Do I need to tell our people not to use their e-mail for a few days? Does any of this make sense?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks,
    BoHoJo

Re: E-mail and switching hosts ...

You will need to recreate them in your VodaHost control panel once the switch is complete...It is very easy, it will take about 5 seconds per address.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

.... and what about the hundreds, if not thousands, of e-mails?
      Thanks VH! www.theconfab.net

Comment

You can not transfer these emails from your old hoster. You can, however, download them to your own computer and have them stored there.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X