Getting very frustrated! Not receiving emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting very frustrated! Not receiving emails

I have been receiving emails through my website. Previously I was receiving them from my "Info" email, but now that has even ceased. My 'sales' email doesn't work at all. Although it sends emails just fine, nothing ever comes through on it. What is the deal?
    Cheryl

www.musiccityreptiles.com

Re: Getting very frustrated! Not receiving emails

Everything about the www is all about processes, procedures, and configurations........ obviously something in your set is not optimally performing. Have you performed the necessary tests, checks, and manual double-checks to assure yourself that 'blame' lies elsewhere?

If you would search through the Email forum, and the general forums here in VodaTalk, you will find repeated simple steps that you can take to remedy your distress!
    * Try doing an 'Advanced Search' using "outlook" and my name to pull up some recent posts...

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have done that. I even deleted those email accounts and logged out, then logged back in and created them again (within the same session). Its still not working. So far that is the only suggestion that I have found that is about the specific problem I am having. I don't know what you mean about manual double checks, other than me going in and looking at the addresses and everything again, and making sure they are all correct.

The "info@musiccityreptiles.com" worked previously but is not working now. The 'sales@musiccityreptiles.com' has never worked that I know of. I don't know of any other tests to do. I have looked through my control panel to see if I can find anything but I don't see any way to perform tests on my emails...other than emailing myself at the different addresses.

These are set up in outlook, like I said, they worked before. But I am talking about even going to squirrelmail and its still not there. Regardless of what I do.
      Cheryl

Comment

Meant to add, there are no errors popping up when I send or try to receive emails. It actually says sent.
        Cheryl

Comment

It's your Outlook.....I get the same thing from time to time on my laptop when using broadband (read in here connection often messes with Outlook). Even when you do a "test" email in the set up, and it says "Done!" and then your inbox sits there waiting for it to come in, it is a clue that Outlook is not fully connecting to the webmail server.

Try resetting the Outlook timeout (in Advanced tab) to 1.5 minutes, and shutting down the whole computer for at least 5 minutes. THEN reboot all the way back up and see if this time the test messages are finally delivered. (Should be)

Often with multiple email accounts set up in Outlook, access is not as clean when connecting with anything less than cable, so if using broadband, satellite, or DSL, it is all about getting a good connect for each stage of the Outlook email load protocol.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You are not understanding me. I am not even going through outlook anymore. I am going straight to my squirrel mail and it sends but regardless of what email I send it from it never shows up. Again, not going through Outlook. I am going through my CP and through squirrel mail. Outlook isn't even open. And I have cable internet (nothing else will do :) )
            Cheryl

Comment

If you certain that it doesn't work and there is nothing that you can do, submit a support ticket. Even machines fail from time to time. But a possible server issue is not something that the forum can help you with.
              Submit the ticket and the helpdesk will perform a system diagnosis to see if there are any problems.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X