Can't respond to form sender from OutLook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't respond to form sender from OutLook

I DO receive all the data from my website comment form into OutLook. I set up an account in OutLook called "customerservice@webmarketinghelpsite.com", (that's a mouthfull...lol); that is also an account name in the Cpanel (Mail). But, I cannot send from that account in OutLook, (I have set that account name as the default in OutLook), and have it arrive in the form sender's email. SHOULDN'T I expect that it should work that way? If so, any suggestions?

Additional info: OutLook does not indicate that it was undeliverable. Those send attempts show up in HORDE as "undeliverable"! Don't know why HORDE would even be involed in these "sends"??
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't respond to form sender from OutLook

They appear in Horde as undelivered because the receiving server sends back to your mailserver a "Non delivered" message. If you download them in your Outlook, and have it set to delete mails from the derver after they have been downloaded, you will not see them anymore.

Now, as for the main part, not being able to send: try sending from your Outlook Express DIRECTLY to an email address and see if that works.

Also, since you are using ABVFP, please note that your Email field is NOT named correctly. It should be named "Email-e" where e indicates to the script that this is the visitor's email, or Email-Re where R makes it required.

If the "e" is missing, ABVFP can not recognize the email field and it will NOT include the reply address to the mail that you recieve. So you can NOT answer back and you WILL recieve an Undeliverable mail message.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for the quick response, Nav.
      I did change the Email field to "Email-Re. I assume you meant in the form on my site. Still not working.

If I send to Yahoo mail, using my personal account in Outlook; it does get there. If I send to the Yahoo mail, using customerservice account in Outlook; it goes nowhere! No "undeliverable" messages anywhere, either!

I logged into ABVFP and rechecked all the fields for the comment form. One ? there....in the "your email address" field; is that where I put customerservice@webmarketinghelpsite.com??

Thanks again.

Comment

Yes, it is there that you type the email address where you want the form mails delivered.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, I don't know what I've done wrong, but I can't get my vodaHost email,(customerservice@webmarketinghelpsite.com), to send to my customers! I've gone over every set up and tutorials at least 5 or 6 times! I just don't see anything to change in the setups!
          Here's the way it is at this time:
          1. I have an email account in Voda (customerservice@webmarketing.com)
          2. I have an account in Outlook 2003 with exact same name.
          3. I can send to my yahoo personal account,(from Outlook personal acct)
          4. I receive all the data from the "contact us" form on my website.
          5. I can not "reply" or send a "manual compose" email to my Yahoo mail, using the Outlook email account,(customerservice@webmarketinghelpsite.com).
          6. When I do step (5), I do not get a notification that it was "not deliverable"!
          7. If I send from my personal Yahoo acct to customerservice@webmarketing.com; I do not receive it in my Outlook account.

Anyone have any suggestions??
          Thank you.

Comment

OOOPS! Sorry I mistyped! Step #1 should be customerservice@webmarketinghelpsite.com

The name is correct on Voda & Outlook!

Comment

I just mailed you, check to see if you have recieved the mail.
              Navaldesign

Comment

No I didn't; but....it is probably because I was deleting my mail account and recreating it! I also let Cpanel set up Outlook for me AND IT WORKS!!

I can't see a thing different in the Outlook set up, but hey...if it works don't fix it! lol. I'll look again for your mail, but if it doesn't arrive, I imagine it is because my account wasn't there for awhile!

Thanks for your help, Nav. I don't know how you find the time to respond to all us newbies so quickly!!
                Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X