published transferred domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• published transferred domain

Hi all.....I was so pleased with my experience with vodahost that I transferred my other website domain name to voda. I saved all the pages in a separate folder and made changes to most of them and wish now to publish them. I saved the home page initially as index until I saw a prior thread which stated that was inappropriate and to name the page the name of your website. (that was confusing in and of itself) I published but only get the infamous index page not my webpage. What am I doing wrong? I already have a website up and running and this website has been up for five years. Aaackkkk....

Thanks for any help.
    Heather
    www.bellissimofloral.com
    www.nevadasympathyflowers.com

Re: published transferred domain

If you have made a successful transfer or add on of this new domain you will need to name save and publish a page entitled index - (perhaps you were reading a prior thread about page titles, that's different)

lol on the Aaackkkkkkk!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I tried that originally with no success, I then changed the name (per the prior thread) and that didn't work either...... Do I need a different server ip etc because I never received one. I'm using the same web builder, just saving the pages into a different folder. So of course, when I hit publish I get the same server ip etc as I do for my other website, nevada sympathy flowers.

Heather
      Last edited by bellissimo; 11-25-2007, 01:16 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Heather - did you make an add-on domain in your control panel? YOu must do that first - and then you will publish to the new name as such:

public_html/nameofnewdomain

to the SAME IP address
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks beth, it's asking for a username and password.....do I use my same username and password for the cp or do I make one up? Also, it looks as thought it wants to set up bellissimofloral.com as a subdomain. It needs to be a completely separate domain. I'm still confused.

Heather
          Last edited by bellissimo; 11-25-2007, 01:47 AM. Reason: further information

Comment

Heather,

Use your control panel user and password. The add on is like a subdomain, technically is, but it will create it correctly, then u just have to publish to the same ip but in the path change public_html to public_html/newdomainname

That way it will publish to the correct folder. Make sure your home page is index, small letters.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen: Thank you for your advice. I logged in on my cp and added bellissimofloral.com as instructed. I changed the path to public_html/bellissimofloral.com but received an error message stating that the file or directory did not exist.
              Last edited by bellissimo; 11-25-2007, 05:41 PM. Reason: corection

Comment

Hi All: it's me again. I still have not been able to resolve this problem. Can anyone out there help me. I am losing money every day my site is down. Thanks.

Heather
                www.bellissimofloral.com

Comment

Ok....prior problem resolved. However now I get the index of....page rather than the actual homepage. It is named index small letters nothing else. What am I doing wrong??? any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Heather
                  www.bellissimofloral.com

Comment

are you publishing to public_html/bellimisofloral ... (you need to type that in the menu box when you go to publish to this add on domain) .. so publish up your index page to public_html/bellimisofloral - did you try that?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

that is what I did..

Comment

you name it index thats all no html try that my home page is index.bvp so you can try that bud

www.dolomart.com

Comment

Thanks....but it is named index....that's why I'm stumped.

Heather

Comment

Working...
                          X