Encrypted pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encrypted pages

I was just previewing my page with my web browser and rt. clicked to do a "view page source" and "page info" check. I noticed that the page is not encrypted and the message states that information on pages is available to public while in transit. I'm new to all of this, so I don't understand how someone can see the stuff in transit? but my question is how I can have my pages encrypted and is it worth the effort? I can see if I was running a banking website its necessary. I do plan on doing sales eventually through my site, so I need to know what to look at. Thanks.
    Come take a look at the people herd.

Re: Encrypted pages

To encrypt that data you need to have a SSL certificate installed. You don't have to worry about it unless you are accepting payments. If you are going purely though paypal or some other service that processes the payments on their site, you technically don't need SSL either, but many users are more comfortable purchasing from sites with SSL.

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
    X