domain add on details confusing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain add on details confusing

i am totally confused after watching the domain add-on tutorials - PLEASE help!!

i have a main domain (see above). i registered a new domain with VH (laurateague.com). then, i configured that domain. with the add-on feature at the control panel, i'm confused about how to fill out the form. obviously, i know what the new domain is. what do i put for username/directory/subdomain name? also, what do i do with "redirect domain to URL"?? i KNOW these are stupid questions and i KNOW i'm not "getting" something. i have read & watched the tuts but still don't get it. Help, please. fyi - the reason for the second domain is simply that i changed my mind. i no longer will be using the first domain name. thanks for any help. laura

Re: domain add on details confusing

Hi Laura:

laurateaguejewelry.com is the main domain of your voda hosting account.

You want to add on the domain laurateague.com that you just purchased from voda host ...

You will need to go into your voda host billing and point this new domain name purchase to your two voda servers .. You will find you can log into your vbs using your email address and password, it will be at the bottom of your domain purchase receipt as well as your log in information. Once inside go to MY DOMAINS - when you see your new domain click on it and type in your two servers - they look like ns.??vodahost.com - you can check these names in your log in information, and you can also check if you click your main domain from within your vbs billing.

Once you have pointed (typed in the new servers) and saved, you will log into your control panel and choose the icon ADD ON Domain - you add on this domain.

To do so - type laurateague.com

the next line will be filled in for you all by theirself ... (but will say laurateague) then create any password, and then it will go off and do its thing ..

You will then have added on the domain laurateague.com

NOW - your main domain is laurateaguejewelry.com and you publish any .bvp files to public_html - that is the directory for your main domain -

You will have a new directory for your add on domain (It is essentially a folder within the public_html directory folder) this folder is created when you add on the domain and this folder will be called laurateague - so now when you want to publish to your new domain you will type laurateague after public_html/ in the publish box using blue voda when you go to publish. (you do not add the .com in this area)

NOW - if you want to redirect your main domain to your new domain, you then go to the icon in the control panel called redirect and redirect laurateaguejewelry to laurateague - what you will see when typing in either domain is the new website you created and published to public_html/laurateague

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: domain add on details confusing

thanks so much - that really helped clear things up for me. now if i can just remember what to do when i get to the publishing stage.... a LONG way from now! thanks again. laura

Comment

Working...
      X