Eggs Hatching!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs Hatching!!!

Looks like 3 of the bearded dragon eggs have started hatching! Haven't sorted out which ones yet though, or who was closest to guessng right!

Really needed this good news - yesterday my husband went out hacking on our horse with a friend. He was in the lead, walking up the side of the road in single file as you should, both were wearing full flourescent gear. He turned to say something to his friend and noticed a car coming up behind fast. He saw the car just plough into the horse behind, sending it sailing through the air, knocking him and my horse into a ditch.

Steve and Jazz shocked and bruised but otherwise okay, Keith behind was flung onto the road, but seems okay apart from his shoulder. The jury is still out on whether Clover will make it - doesn't seem to have broken bones, but could be internal injuries. That she didn't have to be put down on the spot was a miracle.

The car, simply did not see them. It was driven by two old folks not wearing seat belts and obviously not paying attention. Hitting half a ton of horse doesn't do a car much good - its a complete write off, and they were both badly injured. I am afraid I have no sympathy - and if the driver can never drive again so much the better. It could have been a kid cycling, a jogger or a mother and pram, they wouldn't have noticed! Good visibilty, Steve and Keith couldn't have been dressed more brightly.

At least watching the eggs hatch will give us all something more pleasent to think about!
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Re: Eggs Hatching!!!

Oh Trish! So sorry about the accident.. Thank god it wasn't worse!

Good news on the eggs, will be awaiting further news!

My thoughts and prayers with those who were injured, for continued improvement and health..
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Trish,

Thank God they are OK, so sorry about the horses...
      Sharon Chajin

Comment

How about Becker?? =D
        www.filtrexsystems.com - Industrial and Municipal Filtration Systems! (My First Site)

Comment

Sorry to hear this news Trish, hope all are okay ..

Eggs hatching, well show us a pic .. come on .. time for another pic ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1 View Post
            Looks like 3 of the bearded dragon eggs have started hatching! Haven't sorted out which ones yet though, or who was closest to guessng right!

Really needed this good news - yesterday my husband went out hacking on our horse with a friend. He was in the lead, walking up the side of the road in single file as you should, both were wearing full flourescent gear. He turned to say something to his friend and noticed a car coming up behind fast. He saw the car just plough into the horse behind, sending it sailing through the air, knocking him and my horse into a ditch.

Steve and Jazz shocked and bruised but otherwise okay, Keith behind was flung onto the road, but seems okay apart from his shoulder. The jury is still out on whether Clover will make it - doesn't seem to have broken bones, but could be internal injuries. That she didn't have to be put down on the spot was a miracle.

The car, simply did not see them. It was driven by two old folks not wearing seat belts and obviously not paying attention. Hitting half a ton of horse doesn't do a car much good - its a complete write off, and they were both badly injured. I am afraid I have no sympathy - and if the driver can never drive again so much the better. It could have been a kid cycling, a jogger or a mother and pram, they wouldn't have noticed! Good visibilty, Steve and Keith couldn't have been dressed more brightly.

At least watching the eggs hatch will give us all something more pleasent to think about!

OMG!

I can't believe it.....that's like being in a movie....!?

Is Clover ok Trish? Do they know yet? I hope they didn't have to put her down.....omg, what a tragic day that turned out to be.....

Some Seniors shouldn't be on the road!

I can't handle mistakes over being careless and it clearly seems like they were not paying attention.

What a tragic day for both sides......let us know how this goes.

(No offence to anyone over 65 who can drive.)

Comment

Clover was quite uncomfortable yesterday, so the vet had to come out again and up her painkillers. They are bringing a portable scanner out on Thursday to see if they can find what's going on. She may still have a fracture which isn't obvious or internal injuries. Best thing is she is a big placid mare who has taken quite well to being tied up all the time - as long as she has her haynet constantly topped up and within reach. Poor girl.

My horse is very stiff - going to have a good look at her tonight and see whether the vet will need to look at her as well. Can't ride at the moment obviously. Hopefully its just the bruising which is always worse a couple of days after an accident like that. Found out she hit the ground very hard.
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Originally posted by limebrook1 View Post
                Clover was quite uncomfortable yesterday, so the vet had to come out again and up her painkillers. They are bringing a portable scanner out on Thursday to see if they can find what's going on. She may still have a fracture which isn't obvious or internal injuries. Best thing is she is a big placid mare who has taken quite well to being tied up all the time - as long as she has her haynet constantly topped up and within reach. Poor girl.

My horse is very stiff - going to have a good look at her tonight and see whether the vet will need to look at her as well. Can't ride at the moment obviously. Hopefully its just the bruising which is always worse a couple of days after an accident like that. Found out she hit the ground very hard.

I imagine both horses & the folks involved are feeling it today. Being whacked with a car like that.....what a shame for this to happen.........I feel so bad for them...they're in pain, must be hard for you, jeesh alot going on over there.......this isn't the same road you had your accident on last year is it?

Comment

No it wasn't. did you have to remind me? LOL

My horse not as good as we hoped - only sore and bruised, but won't be able to be ridden for a while. She's currently having a full massage which should help!
                  Trish
                  www.Limebrook.com
                  www.MountainWalk.co.uk
                  www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

lol,

At least she's going to be ok....so that's a blessing.

Comment

Working...
                    X