X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pages doubling up!

Hi,
    Having a problem with some texts and pictures coming up as double images in preview (and had it on published page at one point). They look normal in my program.
    I had been publishing the page quite a bit yesterday, (wanted to keep checking it with SiteReportCard.), sometimes eg. 3 times in 20 minutes. Would that have anything to do with it?
    I fixed a previous problem with an already published doubled image page by starting a new page and copying the elements onto it.
    so, what is this problem, how can I fix it - is there an easier way than starting a new page...and how to avoid it in future????
    Thank you!
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: pages doubling up!

It sounds like you might be putting the images on the page twice - one possibly on top of the other? If you post the url to the page, we could take a look at it.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, thanks for responding...
      I don't think I put images in twice, anyway, I can publish the page if you want to look at it, although I hate to have it out there...can I publish it with a different name (it's the index), and give you the URL?

Comment

yes, why not save it with another name (test) and then publish it and put the url down here .. when you put the url down leave a space in between so that it doesn't act like a link .. then you will be protected, lol .. :) then we all can have a look.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

hi,
          okay, I published it under http://maravillamountain.com/double_page.html.
          I don't know what you mean about leaving a space, but it's out there, anyway and not linked to anything as far as I know.
          Let me know what you find?
          (my normal index is online, but this is the page I had wanted to replace it with, like I said, in my bv program, it looks normal.)
          thanks!

Comment

Delete and redo the problematic pages...Make sure to also delete the problematic images in our images folder on your computer and in your file manager. Sometimes you can spend hours trying to fix something...Spend 20 minutes deleting and redoing it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

In answer to your question "I don't know what you mean about leaving a space"

I was referring to what you had written in this post. I figured you did not want to post the url on the board, so had suggested to write it incorrectly and we would figure it out, LOL ..

Originally posted by mmyplace View Post
              although I hate to have it out there...can I publish it with a different name (it's the index), and give you the URL?
              I still see your double page, so you should start fresh on that page again as suggested.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi, I redid my index, I think it's fine, I deleted the doubling one from my bv program.
                I guess it's still online, though...so how do I get rid of it?
                also, there is something called pngfix.*** connected to my site (another thing I need to get rid of, I would assume)
                what do I do?

Comment

Originally posted by mmyplace View Post
                  Hi, I redid my index, I think it's fine, I deleted the doubling one from my bv program.
                  I guess it's still online, though...so how do I get rid of it?
                  also, there is something called pngfix.*** connected to my site (another thing I need to get rid of, I would assume)
                  what do I do?

Hi, if your double page that you want to delete is the index page, just publishing the new one would have gotten rid of that ...

but if it is not, you can log into your control panel and choose to delete the page by its name ... look for the html file by its name ...

NO NO NO ... do not delete pngfix - this is necessary for you to have ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                  X