subdomain and password protect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subdomain and password protect

I have my main domain and an add on domain. I want the main domain to be password protected but not the add on. I was told I need to make the main domain listed as the sub-domain. I did this but was not sure what the pre-fix should be ( I just put - the.nameofwebsite.....is this right? then how do I password protect just this directory?
    please help. Thanks!

Re: subdomain and password protect

Hi Sheri... If you protect your main domain then the sub domains should require a password also... go into your C-panel... look for Password Protect Directories.... You might want to look at the Password tutorial for this prior.. to doing... the C-panel tutorials are listed on the C-panel page .. all this works pretty well... Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

I did have the main domain password protected and that also password protected my add on, I don't want that. So I am totally confused on what to do from here to get this working right. If the main domain becomes the sub domain does that cancel out the main?

Comment

Hi... Sheri... Just password protect the directory you want. If you protect the main domain i.e. your sub domains and add ons will be affected...but you can password protect any of your add ons... the main domain does not become a subdomain...hope that helps.... Doug

Comment

ok so what you are telling me is my main domain needs to become my add-on to be password protected? Then my current add-on needs to become the main? this is not helping me and I have tried everything to get this figured out.. isnt there a help desk to call into?

Comment

Sheri... It goes like this... Your add ons are sub directories of your account... your account is your main domain... so if you password protect your main account then all of your sub domains and add ons will require the same passwords... but if you password protect the add on domain then the main account will not require the same password... Doug

Comment

Working...
            X