Question about SSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SSL

Hi everyone, I have a few web stores on different domains all on my one hosting account. They are all running oscommerce which I installed via fantastico. I have to get SSL protection for them, eventhough all payments are processed on Paypal. I am concerned that the information I am collecting to set up accounts on the websites can to easily be stolen, and I suspect this might deter some customers. So my questions are:
    1. Do I have to get a separte SSL per each domain, or does one connection protect all of them in my web hosting account.
    2. How much assistance does vodahost offer in helping me set this up?
    Thank you.

Re: Question about SSL

Vodahost will do the ssl installation for you. However, you can only have ONE SSL and dedicated ip per ACCOUNT. Therefore, if you have 6 stores on one account your choices are.. 1.) buy new accounts and install 6 ssl and dedicated ip, or, 2.) buy one WILD CARD SSL to cover all the domains (not cheap) with one dedicated IP. 3.) Or use paypal or other 3rd party processor which has its own ssl, or 4.) learn how to SIM integrate your stores to the credit card processor and use theirs

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X