Display size on various monitor screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display size on various monitor screens

When opening a blank page to design a new web page, what size monitor are the default ruler settings designed to display our website on?

I am designing my pages on a 22" monitor and would like to have my website display full screen on a 17" monitor. The first time I published the pages were way too big. I scaled the page sizes back to the default ruler settings.

In general, is there a good rule-of-thumb to follow in setting the rulers to design web pages for different monitor sizes?

Specifically, how can we size our web pages so they fit full screen on different monitor sizes?

Re: Display size on various monitor screens

Hi, can’t be done easily using BV. But as a rule most BV users design pages at about 800 to 1000 wide. The screen size in most cases is not the important part of sizing. It’s at what resolution the screen is set to.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks I'll try resizing to 1000 to see how that looks. I appreciate the advice

Comment

You are not sizing for the size monitor - you are sizing for what resolution people use to view things on their monitor. I could have a 21" monitor and set my resolution to 800 wide. Therefore, it's important that you design to accommodate the most people. Generally speaking, 1000 will do that - but there are still people out there using the 800 width resolution.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Stick with 600X800 and you cant fail...this will accommodate all monitors.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X