Erasing uploaded pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erasing uploaded pages

I have changed my site drastically and need to eliminate pages that are on the web but are no longer linked from anywhere. I know I do this in the FTP manager but I cannot seem to get to the page where I can erase pages. Can someone guide me there please?
    B.Morrow

Re: Erasing uploaded pages

If you are sure these pages are not linked or showing up anywhere than you can either

1. log into your control panel/file manager - public_html directory and look for the html files by their names - you then delete - choosing to do it this way will give you a second change if you make an error because they will go into your recylcle bin and stay there until you delete from there ..

2. log into your ftp manager and browse to find the files inside of the public_html directory in the same way - the only thing here is, if you delete a file and it was not meant to be deleted - you do not get a second chance.

DO NOT DELETE the public_html folder itself - this is Vital for your account ..

If you think these pages are showing up in other places, you might consider reconstructing this page to be of some assistance to your website as any link found anywhere can prove to be good.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you Lady Eye. I undestand. However, it's the logging onto the public_html file that I don't get. Exactly how do you get that file open?

Comment

Originally posted by bmorrow View Post
        Thank you Lady Eye. I undestand. However, it's the logging onto the public_html file that I don't get. Exactly how do you get that file open?
        Like opening anything else on a computer: double-click on it......(to open or expand)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi bmorrow... Go to your appropriate server ..Use your passwords to enter..click on File Manager... click on pulic_html folder... and there you find all your sites pages ... then using the file management tool on the right.. click on the html of the pages you choose to delete... hope that helps...Doug

Comment

Working...
          X