Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook asking for password repeatedly

Hi All

I just published my site, yesterday 12/4/07...still waiting that 48 - 72 hour time period for it to make it's appearance. In the meantime...I have set up my email acct, first in c panel, then Outlook express. For both, I wrote detailed notes based off the tutorials and watched the tutorials at least 3x each. My webmail seems fine but outlook keeps asking for my password over and over again...and I know I'm typing it correctly.

I've already read Naval's suggestions for troubleshooting outlook. Port 25 is not blocked, my IP address is not "dirty," and per my ISP I changed my SMTP to their SMTP settings.

My outlook says I have 2 test mssgs trying to come in, one from me, one from the ISP...but...it keeps asking for my password. I'm assuming this password is the one given to me in my welcome email...correct?

Do I just need to wait till my website is actually up and running and then see what happens...or should I submit a support ticket?

Thanks all....

Jenny
    maupincopywriting.com
    content writing for websites and more!

Re: outlook asking for password repeatedly

Hi,

Have you tried deleting and re-setup of e-mail account? I had same problem, never got a good answer. So I deleted, set up again, has worked fine since. I'm guessing I made a mistake on the first try!

Good luck,

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh62 View Post
      Hi,

Have you tried deleting and re-setup of e-mail account? I had same problem, never got a good answer. So I deleted, set up again, has worked fine since. I'm guessing I made a mistake on the first try!

Good luck,
      Mwalsh

I will give it a try...but I think I will wait first to see what happens after my site comes up. If it's still a problem, then I will delete and start over. My site should be up by nlt 12/7/07.

Thanks...any other suggestions or ideas out there?

Jenny
      maupincopywriting.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaxWeb View Post
        DNS changes need to be made first (and allowed to take effect), then accounts configured in your CP, and then you set up in Outlook.

If this CP here has "auto-configure" for Outlook and Express, don't use it: do it manually instead. (I speak from experience with many other hosts, all of which use the same Control Panel)
        And....when setting up in Outlook, it is often best to use the "+" sign in the dialog User Name rather than the "@" ....don't ask me why, but it works!

And, you are correct....if you ever DID use the auto-configure, or did anything out of sequence, removing and then adding back the emails in the CP will "reset" the whole thing and it should work fine.
        Thanks Max

Once my website is up (It's been 48 hrs and still nothing!) I will delete my outlook express acct and set it up again. If it still does not work, I will try using the + symbol as you suggested.

Jenny
        maupincopywriting.com

Comment

Working...
        X