Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages larger when previewing

Hi,

I am previewing my pages before I publish but when I preview them my page is wider than the one I have created in BV. Once previewed, a scroll bar appears accross the bottom of the page & when I scroll accross, the right hand side of the page is completely blank. I only want my page to be the width of a standard website & have tried changing my widths in the page properties but to no avail.

Any help will be very much appreciated as I cannot seem to find anyone else with this problem.

Thanks,
    Linda

Re: Pages larger when previewing

You probably have something outside the page nominal width. Click on View, Object Outlines, and then change temporarily your page width and height to be able to scroll and see if you have forgotten something out there.

After you find and delete it, make width and height normal again.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Wow,

Just goes to show how blonde I really am !!!!! What is the standard page width for a website so that my future customers don't have to scroll left & right to see all the page??

Thanks Navaldesign,
      Linda

Comment

Lots of opinion about this, but it is generally accepted that if you make you pages no wider than 800, nobody will have a problem with that irritating side scrolling.
        Liz
        www.sebastopolparty.com
        www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

This is a veeeeery long discussion.
          Most users use 800 px width. Others (me among them) use 740 - 790 .
          Others say that we should take advantage of the new wide screens to go up to 1000 or even more.

I personally work always with some sidebars open, so i would say that i prefer narrow pages. In any case, i would never recommend more than 1000 px, though i work with monitors of 1440 to 1960 (Yes, a cool 22" one) wide.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for that you guys,

I have messed around with the outline & page widths so hopefully it should now work.

Gratefully yours,
            Linda

Comment

Working...
            X