No announcement yet.

My (cordia)fonts look different when I view them on computers other than mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My (cordia)fonts look different when I view them on computers other than mine

Hi, I'm bella and I'm new to the forum. :)

This is the url of the page that I'm working on:
    www.splendidoak.com/main.html

Here are the fonts I've published on my site:
    Times New Roman
    Cordia
    Edwardian Script

I used the 'logo' option for some of the lettering and the 'text box' option for the other lettering- the sections where text boxes are used are the sections that show the incorrect font online. When I use the Cordia font for my floating links and menu bars, the font shows up properly.

I use a computer with Windows VIsta & the lastest version of explorer to design the site, and my fonts show correctly when I view the page in a default browser and when I publish the page on my computer-I have a 6-month old computer with the Windows Vista operating system. But when I view the site on another computer with a 2004 XP Operating System, the Cordia font looks like some type of Mongolian or Batang font(I had previously tried those fonts with the same lettering but liked the Cordia Font Better).

If you look at the page of the screenshot on
    www.splendidoak.com/coming_soon.html, you will see what the page is supposed to look like. My site officially launches in a month and I liked this font because it was the most professional option for my site. I'm still working on the other pages so please disregard them.

How do I get the fonts to look the same on all, if not most computers? I don't want to go to Seattle or NYC & see my site look like "who shot john" just because of some compatability issues!

Sorry-I'm having a website moment. Please forgive me...

Ticket Id:LFL-268406
    Customer #:17972

www.splendidoak.com

Re: My (cordia)fonts look different when I view them on computers other than mine

Hi

You will need to do a search for "web friendly fonts" and adhere to these fonts only .. if you want to use a font outside of these, you will need to create your text as an image, and insert onto your page as an image .. this is recommended only for a few things on your page .. the rest should be a web friendly font, ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: My (cordia)fonts look different when I view them on computers other than mine

Thanks so much-I think it's okay now.

I just changed the font to a web-friendly font that should work for most computers.

Apparently this is common knowledge.
      I'm more of a graphic designer without a clue when it comes to html,etc.

Comment

Working...
      X