Can you put a password on a link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you put a password on a link?

i have no idea how to put passwords on links or how any of that works. could someone please explain why some links on other web pages have password protection?

Re: Can you put a password on a link?

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, it is the pages that the links lead to that are protected, not the link itself. Search the forums, a lot of posts, even lately, on this subject.

Good luck,

Comment

passwords//cyrillic alphabet. Help!

Well what i'm trying to do is create a webpage with lets say about 20 links or other pages that have passwords (a different one for every client to whom i will give out the password to). How can i do that?

Also, how do you write in the cyrillic alphabet on a webpage?

Comment

You password protect pages...only directories (folders), place the pages inside the folders...click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That link gives you good info on protecing a folder by password. I am going to be offering my wedding customers the chance to post video of their wedding for a month or 6 weeks. I might want to have these pages password protected. But the problem I see is the idea here is for oversea relatives and friends who want go there to see some footage from the wedding. How do I get this done without having to add a bunch of names to that list? Just hand the info (to address to that section of the site and password), and let them get that info to whom they would want to visit this page.
          Dave
          Dave Van De Cappelle
          www.aSimpleLife.ca
          www.TheAlternativeSolution.ca

Comment

Originally posted by freddy971 View Post
            That link gives you good info on protecing a folder by password. I am going to be offering my wedding customers the chance to post video of their wedding for a month or 6 weeks. I might want to have these pages password protected. But the problem I see is the idea here is for oversea relatives and friends who want go there to see some footage from the wedding. How do I get this done without having to add a bunch of names to that list? Just hand the info (to address to that section of the site and password), and let them get that info to whom they would want to visit this page.
            Dave
            www.dnsvideo.ca
            Yes, when you create your password protected directory, this will be the information - username and password to give to everyone. They can all use the same username and password unless you want to do otherwise.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi similar question but not exactly the same , I need to put a page on my site where there will be a password request, if the user puts in a certain password he will be redirected to lets say page A, if another user puts in another password he gets sent to page B , I only need two passwords but I need to make sure that if user A puts in password A he only can go to page A and cannot see page B and does not know that page B exists..... Am I making sense (probably not) anyway any help would be extremely appreciated as I can't find an eaxct reply to this on the forum. THANKS

Comment

Yes, you are making sense. This is kind of user group access, where a group can only see certain pages, and the other group some other pages.
                However, this requires php scripting, because both the menus and the pages themselves have to have some php code.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply now the question is where can I get this kind of script?? do I need someone to do it for me or is it possible to copy it from somewhere? GRAZIE MILLE

Comment

navaldesign, or Watdaflip, or I, can provide you with that type of script for a small fee..................

If you can create 2 descriptive items on a page, which when clicked, takes them to seperate folders, then you wont need a script.
                    Password protect the 2 folders with 2 different passwords !!!
                    Have fun
                    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
                    Newbies / Beginners Forum
                    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
                    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
                    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Working...
                    X