Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web page in different directory other than public_html

Hello-

I'm seeking assistance on the following.

1) I created a website and published using BV and the index.html got published to public_html. I also wanted to publish one of the links from my main page of the website in to another folder but not in public_html and so I published another index.html in to
    mydomainname/newfolder/index.html.

2) now I tried to create link in my main page to this 2nd index.html which is in a different folder by specifying as http://mydomainname/newfolder/index.html

3) when I try to access my site, I get an error that HTTP:404 page not found.

Can someone help me to state what could be the problem? can i not publish html's in to another folder other than public_html? please help.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks

Re: web page in different directory other than public_html

Hi

public_html is the directory to your main domain, like you say and know .. creating a folder within the public_html is what I understand that you did .. be sure that it resides within the public_html directory ..

not sure, but perhaps it is because you are calling the page index

try renaming the page and republishing to this other folder ..

As a test, try renaming the page test - publishing it to public_html/nameoffolder

linking as you have done ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

In any subfolder- the index page works the same as your index page in the public_html folder. That is- it does not need to be called by its page name - index.html

So, if you have a subfolder as the Lady has suggested- nameoffolder
      and you place an index page in it, you can simply link it like this;

http:// www.yourdomain.com/nameoffolder

This will display your index page.

Also- in the main domain name- spelling is not important. www.GoOgLe.com will work just as good as www.google.com

This is not the case in subsequent pages or folders. In all other additional pages of the website the, links to those pages- spelling must match EXACTLY as they are now case sensitive. THIS IS WHERE MOST OF THE PROBLEMS WITH LNKS NOT WORKING- RESIDES.

Hope that helps

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

thanks andy and ladyeye...

Comment

Working...
        X