Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I find a FTP Client?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to VH, (domain name the-tree.info), and I was going through the cPanel "Getting Started Wizard". I created a FTP account, but then the instructions said "you will need to download a FTP client that works with your operating system so you can connect to that account..". So, my question is where, or how, do I download a FTP client? Can I get one from VH or do I need to find one on the web? Any help that you can give me would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Chris H.

Re: Where do I find a FTP Client?

hi chris
    ive been useing bluevoda a while now...i have a FTP account in my cpanel i didnt have to download anything! you just connect to net, and all that you have published will be in your FTP folder.
    you get the folder when you become a member with blue voda!
    dont know if this will help. not sure what your trying to do!
    i think maybe they are just saying that you have to be able to get on the internet. :)
    Organic Baby
    www.little-butterfly.co.uk
    Please review my site: Thank You :)
    www.qype.co.uk/place/113508-little-butterfly-Huddersfield

Comment

Thanks Adele,

I got the impression that the FTP Client was a piece of software that my computer needs to be able to transfer html files from my computer to my FTP account on VH. I could be wrong about that. I'm new at this and I'm just trying to figure it all out. Thanks for your response.

Chris H.

Comment

Hi, you have a FTP area in your Bluevoda under Tools>FTP manager. But if you want another free one? There is one at this link.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris,

thanks for your help. I forgot to mention that I'm running a Mac, so I can't use BV or Soholaunch. It looks like the Coffeecup Free FTP is for PCs only, so I guess I'm going to have to buy a Mac compatible FTP client (or a PC!). Thanks for your help.

Chris H.

Comment

I'm using FileZilla right now (just because i don't really like the one in cpanel). they have a mac version and it's free. Try googling FileZilla

Comment

Originally posted by The Auricle View Post
              I forgot to mention that I'm running a Mac, so I can't use BV or Soholaunch. .
              The best FTP utility for you to use is located in your Control Panel of your VodaHost account under the File Manager icon.

There is no need whatsoever for a 3rd party 'solution' ..... besides, the BV FTP tool is not exactly the most robust method for larger files anyway.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili View Post
                  The best FTP utility for you to use is located in your Control Panel of your VodaHost account under the File Manager icon.

There is no need whatsoever for a 3rd party 'solution' ..... besides, the BV FTP tool is not exactly the most robust method for larger files anyway.
                  Technically the file manager isn't a ftp program. You can't beat actually having a 3rd party program installed on your computer. Once you know how to use one, it makes it much simpler to manage all of the files on your website. I've been using a ftp program for years, if I were to completely stop using a ftp and solely use the file manager would be like deciding to only use one hand to type from now.

Register/Login Script
                  Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
                  X