Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional elements: Print, Downloadable doc, Privacy Policy etc

Hello to everyone!

I have a few questions to the board and I would appreciate your assistance re below:

1. I am already on Google, which was surprisingly and unexpectedly fast. I have revised my MetTag key words as I felt I needed to elaborate a little bit more. I have learned from this forum that I had to use specific keywords as per the content of every single page, and do it separately for every one of them. I would like to know how long it will take for Google to update it, or whether it happens automatically as soon as I have republished my pages.

2. Do you think I should leave my Index page as Index, or rename it and make it more relevant to the page contents?

3. I would like to upload a Word file to the Working With Us page, but I cannot locate a tutorial which clearly explains how to do that.

4. I also require a Print element on every single page, how do I create one?

5. I am also about to create a Privacy Policy link at the end of every page. Do I just create it as per the Hyperlink tutorial?

6. The Vodahost Affiliate Program: is anyone using it? I would like some feedback as this is my first website and as I quite new to the whole web building experience, I wonder whether it works for people

Many thanks is advance!

Re: Additional elements: Print, Downloadable doc, Privacy Policy etc

For a Print element try

Affiliate Program?

Yes I promote Voda and am beginning to get a few
    new people joining and I make $70 per signup, a
    great way to cover your annual costs etc.
    If you are happy to display a voda Banner or link
    on your sites then I would say "YES"

People wont know if we don't tell them.

Good luck and welcome to Voda

Barry

Comment

Dear Barry,

Thank you very much! I did post something in the Tips forum without realising I shouldn't have done that...

I have already found the Tell a Friend thread, which is incredibly detailed... viva BV!!... I wonder whether you or anyone else who understands the html language could possible post a Print code in a very simple way without any buttons just like on this site:

in a burgundy colour just like the one I use on my website: www.turnkeyssdevelopment.com

I just don't know the code for colours, or the code on its own for that matter...

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas to All!

Alyona.

Comment

As to the se's - after they have discovered you - they will come back on their own. How often will depend on whether they find new content every time they come back.

You index page HAS to be named index and nothing else but the TITLE of the page - does not need to be index and needs to be named using the keywords (read the ebook in my signature).

Word is NOT a friendly type for online - as it is not an html editor. If you want to take a document from word to your website, I recommend you copy it first to notepad, then from notepad to the website - and then format it ON the website - which IS an html editor and will format it properly for the web.

Yes to the privacy policy.

Do you need to have the print page on the page - most of us who want to print a page, know how to do it for our computer - and is your page printer friendly - or do you want to have them click to make a printer friendly page?

The affiliate program is worthwhile, but that will vary depending on what your website is about and if it relates to why people are there.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

First of all, than you very much for all your help! The e-book in particular was very helpful indeed, thank you Beth!

I don't want to sound a total dummy, I have just registered for the Affiliate programme, but am not sure how to put a link in one single line Powered by VodaHost in the very bottom of my page in the middle where my Copyright message will be...

The banners they have provided are not very clear about it... or maybe I am reading something wrong...

Also, where exactly do I paste it? Do I rig***lick on the page and open HTML? Which positioning do I choose for it?

Many Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X