Images not found - please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images not found - please help.

I got a new PC and had to reinstall Bluevoda. I moved over my bvp files along with the image and templates files but when I open one of my pages with Bluevoda it doesn't find the images, they have the little "x" in each of them....what am I doing wrong. The website is fine but I'll need this to work to republish.

Thanks
    Brenda
    Brenda
    www.ctrivercandles.com

Re: Images not found - please help.

If the path to the images is not completely identical to what it was on the old computer, the images are not being found. You either have to make that path be identical - or you'll have to go to each image and reselect it to the new path.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok I see, the person who setup the computer changed the name from owner to alan, so now the path is different. Do you know if there's a way to change the machine name back to owner or will that mess up other programs.....

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
      Brenda
      www.ctrivercandles.com

Comment

I don't know if it will effect other programs - as I can't see into your computer. To be safe, you might want to go add the pics back in one by one unfortunately.

You can change the computer name - and if it causes problems with other programs, change it back, I suppose.

go into My Computer - then View System Information - then Computer Name, then find the line "To rename this computer, click change" and Click change and name it exactly how the old computer was named - then try your pics.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X