A Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question

Hi all, I will try to explain this as best as I can as I am finding it hard to explain properly. Right, I have layed out a page how I would like, and I would like to know if you can copy it exactly the same way to be on another page? I mean like rather than keep puting the colour, border etc on each page, doing this several times for different pages, is there a way to copy pages to be the same? Sorry if I am not making what I mean clear enough, so please bare with me.

Thanks.

Re: A Question

In bv, on the 2nd toolbarline, the 2nd icon from the left is clone page. It will show up as 'pagewhateverclone' you will the simply rename it to 'aboutme' or whatever. Hope this helps...
    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

I do that Sedona, and name it "page 3" for example. A box then comes up saying...."page 3 file not found, please verify the correct file name was given"

Comment

Take the design and save it as design - or template - or however you want.

Then, every time you want to make a page, pull up that page. Make the new page from it - and when you are done, go to "Save As" and save the new page with the name you want it to have.

You will now have both the original page still and your new page. So to make the 3rd page, you can now go back to your original page and repeat the process to make another and another.

And you can also use the "clone page" feature as stated - just again, when you make changes, you have to click "save as" and now give the new name.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Tygra, It may be that I am not really knowledgeable enough to help you, but cloning pages should be quite easy. I have a 'blank' page I work off whenever I build a new page. The way I originally created it was to clone a page with the basic background, page dimensions, header, etc and I just let it name itself - indexclone or whatever it was. Then I renamed it to blankpage. Hope this helps...
          Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

And then, of course, as Bethers states, when you build a new page using 'blankpage' you will have to save it as 'page3' or whatever...

Hi Bethers :)
            Ken

Comment

The page newly created will not replace your 'blankpage' 'template' and you'll still have it for 'page4'... hope that makes sense.
              Ken

Comment

Working...
              X