Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

managing files...how automatic is bluevoda?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• managing files...how automatic is bluevoda?

Hi..I'm completely new to bluevoda and webdesign...Afraid I dont understand any jargon so I hope any feedback will geared towards a moron, because thats the way I feel at the moment.....
    If I design a page using multiple images etc. currently stored in folders dotted around my pc's hard drive do I need to move all of them to a specific folder before I can publish my site or does Bluevoda do this automatically?..
    I cant find anything about this in the tutorials....Any help/advice much appreciated and might just stop me pulling my hair out
    cheers
    Stuart
    id 20305
    Stuart Hyde

Re: managing files...how automatic is bluevoda?

Hi Stuart,

The first thing that a newcomer should do are:

Watch all the tutorial and videos which will give you an inkling of what you will need to do to get your website going.

Second spend time going through the "web hosting", "webhosting support" and "general support issues" archives and read all the questions and answers. This will build up your knowledge further.

Let me tell you, before you ask any questions, your questions have all been answered. They are all in there.....the archives.

Then go to VodaSupport and read all the glossaries and Faqs which will improve your understanding.

Understanding is the keyword to "How to do it".

Dont be afraid of your BlueVoda Website Builder. It is the most user friendly website designer for a novice who does not know anything about html scripts.

Experiment with all the functions and learn to use them on test pages.

Start first with your index page. This is the most important page for you to start.

Then save it as just "index" in your "C:\My Document/Blue Voda" folder.

This folder was created automatically when you installed BlueVoda in your PC.

Then go to this thread and read. Thread link.

Spend your holidays doing the above and your problems are 50% solved.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi, what you see on your BV page is what you will see when published on the Internet. The images can come from any folder on your machine. But it can help if you need to transfer your pages to another machine to have them in one place, & it also keeps things tidy. If you move a file or folder, remember it wont show up in the preview or be sent to your site if you publish a 2nd time.

Good luck.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

thanks for advice everyone...
        Makes a lot of sense to keep all site files in one location so from now on I will do just that.
        Thanks again and happy holidays

id 20305
        Stuart Hyde

Comment

Working...
        X