Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linking email text to gmail

Howdy!
    Ok.. Still tweaking the website for my SIL.www.bluemarlinmotors.com She uses gmail, and wants to keep using gmail, not switch to the VHmail available. I tried to take link the email address to her gmail email on the site, but it doesn't work. Do I need to set up the VH mail for her, and then have that forwarded to her gmail account?Should I just use a contact us box thingy?Or is there some other way that I can go about this? I looked through the threads, but didn't see what I was looking for.
    As always thanks SO much for your help.. ya'll ROCK!
    bluemarlinmotors.com
    my3monkeys

Re: Linking email text to gmail

If you want to make the email adress shown on the main page
    "You can email us at bluemarlinmotors@ gmail.com."
    a link,while in your webbuilder highlite the text you want to
    make clickable IE: bluemarlinmotors******.com
    while highlited click on the link button on top task bar
    ( the green ball with the chain link below it)
    in the "LINK TYPE" drop menu click on the "mailto"
    then in the url section you will see............ mailto:
    type in the email address bluemarlinmotors@ gmail.com
    so you should have .... mailto:bluemarlinmotors******.com
    then click ok
    your email address should now be a link

PS:
    if you dont want to the actual email address to show ,
    firstly type in something like "CONTACT US HERE"in place of the email address where you want the email link to be then highlite the text and do as directions above.
    Your "CONTACT US HERE" will now be a link to the email address.
    Hope this helps
    Barry

Comment

your gmail address may not be working because you have a
      space between the @ and gmail.
      Try closing the space

Comment

You don't have to use the email provided by voda host, although it is much more professional looking if your email address contains your domain name as opposed to gmail.

You can always create an email account within your control panel in horde and forward all email to the gmail address.

A couple of words of caution about using an email address that is clickable on your site.

1. It makes it a playground for spam harvesters to retrieve your email address.

2. It does not make it clickable for all users. You see a clickable email address will open someones default email program and unless they are using outlook or outlook express this will not happen. If someone is merely using a hotmail address as their default email, this program will not automatically open like you want it to. So this method does not satisfy things for everyone and has been known as well to lock up the users computer. You won't want this.

You should have your email address just typed on your webpage, without being clickable or you should consider Naval's abvfp - a form that is designed to keep your email address safe or at the very least encrypt your email address at www.dynamicdrive.com to use as a clickable email and have your email address just typed for those that cannot use the clickable link ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

good points..
          I tried the linky dinky things, but it didn't work, so I must have typed it wrong (it was late.. I had a drink.. what can I say)
          I agree that it would be much better to have a contact us/ or site email, and I will do that.
          When forwarding the mail from BV to gmail, is it done through my control panel, or is it done in gmail?
          Can you point me to the tutorial for that?
          Thanks.
          bluemarlinmotors.com
          my3monkeys

Comment

Originally posted by shelz013 View Post
            good points..
            I tried the linky dinky things, but it didn't work, so I must have typed it wrong (it was late.. I had a drink.. what can I say)
            I agree that it would be much better to have a contact us/ or site email, and I will do that.
            When forwarding the mail from BV to gmail, is it done through my control panel, or is it done in gmail?
            Can you point me to the tutorial for that?
            Thanks.

To forward your domain mail to your gmail you will go through your control panel - choose the mail icon and choose forward - then all mail coming in addressed to you at your domain will also go to your gmail account - of course to reply with your domain name address you will need to send from your webmail as well - hordemail - found in your control panel - this is where you will set up your email and do your forwarding, auto responder if you like as well.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X