page naming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• page naming

Hi, I finished my website for now and went through the process of publishing www.eyeonyouinvestigations.net. when I go to the site address the home page comes up fine but when I click on any of the menu buttons for the other pages the address's are incorrect and the page doesn't com in. I labled all the menu buttons right.could some one please look at it and tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks, Brad

Re: page naming

First - you do not need to put the /index.html for your home page links - not necessary and not recommended.

Have you published each of the other pages? And they are named exactly the same as what you've put in the navigation? For example, the about us page would have to be named aboutus?

And I still can't get to the matrimonial page - but you say you checked your urls on the menu buttons and they are right, however, I see a typo on that one - you have a comma where you need a period in one spot.

But I think you might not have realized you have to publish EACH page???
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi, Thanks for looking, I appreciate it. I knew it would be possible for a typo somewhere but that really doesn't tell me whats going on. Yes I watched each page go thru the publish stage until it told me it was done. What comes up in the address bar really has no connection to anything I did to this website.
      some of the extentions are wrong, or missing, some of the URLS are coming up as .com and not .net which produces my other site.
      there has to be some stage of the development process that was not clear to me and it seems it would have to be in the name of the page that the internet see's. I've been thru the tutorials and I can't see anything that I did wrong. I would deeply appreciate any help. Thanks, Brad

Comment

Sorry for the 2nd reply General Bethers but doesn't the tutoial tell you that you need to put the index name on your home page because thats what the search engins will be looking for. and on the about us page it said not to leave a gap and recommends that you put a _ underscore between titles with more than word. I'm not trying to be disrespectfull but I'm confused. I really like Bludvota tools but I miss having a lifeline to dial when I'm in trouble. Thanks again for your help. Brad

Comment

I am not as knowledgable on blue voda as most here but
          what I think is happening is that all your links need
          to be pointed at .net not .com.

Also , when you name your pages they should be named
          index ( this is your main page)
          aboutus
          matrimonial
          attorneys
          services
          rates
          whats_next
          contact_us
          faq
          DO NOT put htm or html on the end of name, this is done automatically by voda upon uploading.

when you name them DO NOT include the

and make sure that you are saving them to the correct ISP
          and account.
          I hope this helps and if not maybe someone else can shed some light
          Best of luck
          Barry
          Last edited by aussiebaz; 12-27-2007, 05:47 AM. Reason: mistake rectified

Comment

Thanks Barry, I open the menu buttons and make sure that all the extentions are .net and save each one. then I republish the pages one by one. when they don't work still, I go back and check the menu buttons again and they have changed back to .com. I am sure of the ISP address. This has got me baffled. Thanks for trying. Brad

Comment

OK, - yes the home page is NAMED index. By naming it index - it automatically becomes the home page that is called up by your name - therefore you do NOT need the extension to find it.

Did you make special menu buttons or images? Or do you have those same images/buttons for the .com site also? If so, you are having a conflict - and if you publish one thing with the .com all of the images will revert to that. Make sure the images have different names.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for your help Bethers and Barry. I think it's working now. I failed to change the buttons on every page. Now who wants to help me get my form to work. I've gone over the tutorial several times and folled all the instructions but when I fill the form on my contact page it just sits there. It won't sent or bring up my thank you page. Thanks for any help in advance. Brad www.eyeonyouinvestigations.net

Comment

Hi Brad

I just went in and tested your contact form and
                  it seems to be working fine.

Barry

Comment

Hi Brad,

Here are two links for you. For an explanation of forms by Navaldesign, Click here.

Then for a how to design a form, by Navaldesign, Click here.

Good luck.
                    Bless you
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X