Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash E-mail Form

Hello all,
    I have almost completed my webiste but I am having problems with getting the submit button to work on my e-mail form. It has been created in flash, does anyone have any ideas about where to start. I've been on the vodahosttemplates template help website but I still do not really understand what to do!!!
    Many thanks,
    Pete Moore.

www.hotdjs.co.uk

Re: Flash E-mail Form

first you will need a php file to handle what you are going to with the submitted info, then make a action script for the button that sends the the info to the php file something along the lines off.

Code:

on (release) {
     if ([COLOR=lime]name[/COLOR] eq "" or [COLOR=lime]email[/COLOR] eq "" or [COLOR=lime]subject[/COLOR] eq "" or [COLOR=lime]message[/COLOR] eq "") {
      stop();
     } else {
      loadVariablesNum("[COLOR=red]form.php[/COLOR]", 0, "POST");
      gotoAndStop(2);
     }
    }
    Notice the green are the variables of the editbox's and the red is the php file that the info is being sent to to be processed.

Comment

Thanks for that, this might seem like a really silly question but how do I go about making a PHP flie??
      Many thanks,
      Pete Moore.

www.hotdjs.co.uk

Comment

if your just using the standard Name, Email, Subject, and Message editboxs then you could use this
        Code:
        <?

$to = "[COLOR=red]your email addresss here[/COLOR]";
           $msg = "$name\n\n";
           $msg .= "$message\n\n";
          mail($to, $subject, $msg, "From: Contact Form\nReply-To: $email\n");
        ?>
        this a simple one that you can use, that will just send you a email with the name and message the subject will be the email subject and there email reply address will be inbeded in the From Contact Form.

copy and paste into your text editer enter your email address into the red text area. save as form.php then upload to server into same place as the swf file.

Comment

Aliens - I'm still having bother with making this work- but it has helped me understand things a bit better and learn how to create a php file. I have changed my site a bit and have used the "mail to" method to get people to dend e-mails for the moment, but when I get a bit more time I intend to pursue this method and make it work!! Thanks you for your assistance!
          Pete Moore.

Comment

Working...
          X