Hello to all I'm such a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to all I'm such a newbie

Hello everyone. My name is Pat I just joined the forum. I downloaded bluevoda last night and have been watching videos most of the day. I designed most of my webpage content in word. It's about 5 pages long. I set my page settings to 5000 in length assuming all my content will be visible.

However and I'm sure it's something simple (DUH) but I can only see some of the page. When I scroll down it stops and it looks like I'm only seeing about 3/4 of my 1st page.

I don't have a web page domain yet. I've not even joined because if I can't figure out how to do this than it won't do me any good to buy it.

I feel like such an idot. The way the system talks about how easy it is to build a site. I'm so new to this stuff so much of the terms are way over my head. I don't mind spending time to learn this but wow 4 hours trying to figure out my problem in viewing all my text.

Any body out there kind enough to chukle at me and set me in the right direction?

Thank you

Pat

Re: Hello to all I'm such a newbie

Hi,

Happy New year and festive greetings.

BlueVOda is great and if you are looking to build a website it really is easy. You are more than welcome to look at mine.

I was in exactly the same position you are a year ago.

I am still quite stupid when it comes to a lot of these things but the folk are really helpfull and you can get up and running in no time.
    Kind Regards
    Rob
    www.gnjgf.co.za
    www.oryan-projects.com

Comment

Hello Pat, Happy New year and welcome to Blue Voda.

Try lanthing you pages till you can scrool all the way down and see it all you proble just went farther then 5000.

I hope you like it I do and just renewed for another year :)
      sigpic
      www.windameer.com - Angora goats & Sheep

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - An online Flea Market - frist year free !!

www.advertise.windameer.com - Free banner advertiseing for everyone.

Comment

Thank you I appreicate the input however I don't know what you mean by lanthing.

Originally posted by Windameer_Farm2 View Post
        Hello Pat, Happy New year and welcome to Blue Voda.

Try lanthing you pages till you can scrool all the way down and see it all you proble just went farther then 5000.

I hope you like it I do and just renewed for another year :)

Comment

Lengthening

Right click on the area OUTSIDE of your page and then click on 'page properties' Change the length to 6000, then 7000, then 8000 etc etc until you can see all your page.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thank you. When you say the folks are helpful is their live 24/7 telephone support. I will look at your site. Thanks again.

Pat

Comment

DUH! Thank you so much. I spent over 4 hours last night trying to make it work. Your explanation was exactly what I needed to do. So simple and yet a mystery if you don't know how to do it. Anyway thank you so much I really appreciate it.

Pat

Originally posted by Marincky View Post
              Lengthening

Right click on the area OUTSIDE of your page and then click on 'page properties' Change the length to 6000, then 7000, then 8000 etc etc until you can see all your page.

Comment

You're very welcome
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi Pat

Do not worry over time it will get easier.

But you should really research your Domain Name. Your Domain Name should relate to the Keywords you are going to base your website around. These are the keywords someone searches on to find your site in google or yahoo. ie if your website is about travel you should find a keyword that does not have as much competition. If your domain name is simply paid2travel and your keywords similiar you will need to advertise heavily to get your site seen. If you can find a Niche (something different but related to travel) keyword to use in your domain you have a better chance of gaining free traffic to your site.

Although there is Free advertising out there if you are not worried about search engine ranking. Planning ahead now could save you time in the long run.
                  Phil Cartledge (Aussie Phil)

Discover A Simple Approach To Online Business That Locks In Your Success.

Comment

Thank you for your response. You guys are so great. I think I understand what you mean I have two domains through godaddy one is www.affordableresortssite.com and the other www.resortssite.com
                    Both are re-directed to my companies travel site is this what your referring to since my company website deals with affordable world class luxury resorts for pennies on the dollar.

I heard of a keyword site called www.freekeywords.wordtracker.com is this something your familiar with and would you suggest I use it. According to your post I think I would want to use the ones that came out low for the word travel but I'm really confused now. Why would I want to use keywords with little competion or relevance I guess for my website?

Again thank you and looking forward to your response.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                    X