Right side of brain verses left side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right side of brain verses left side

THE Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
    uses logic
    detail oriented
    facts rule
    words and language
    present and past
    math and science
    can comprehend
    knowing
    acknowledges
    order/pattern perception
    knows object name
    reality based
    forms strategies
    practical
    safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
    uses feeling
    "big picture" oriented
    imagination rules
    symbols and images
    present and future
    philosophy & religion
    can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
    believes
    appreciates
    spatial perception
    knows object function
    fantasy based
    presents possibilities
    impetuous
    risk taking
    Sharon Chajin

Re: Right side of brain verses left side

The dancer moves??? LOL I'm a right side i guess. Really interesting!!
    Mike

Any excuse for non performance only weakens the charactor

In God We Trust

Comment

This interesting that I am using right side of my brain! Thanks for this kind of post.

Comment

ok I'll start by saying it looks to me like she's moving clockwise. But I have looked carefully at this image and It seems to me that from the face profile, ponytail, breasts, and pointed foot that she couldn't possibly be turning the opposite way.. Has anyone seen her as moving counter clockwise?

Update: Ok so i wrote this post and went back to the page and to my amazement she's turning the other way..I'm shocked...what does it mean if on first glance she's going one way and the next time the image loads she's going the other? I wasn't even trying to see her going the other way.
        Last edited by WhyMeShow; 01-03-2008, 06:17 PM. Reason: I'm amazed
        So when ambition turns into a competition I'll never be the better man.

Need a break? Watch my Web Show
        http://whymeshow.com

Comment

I think my right and left side are the same...very poor...But....

Anti-clockwise for me.........She has the David Blaine thing going on as well, she rises off the floor.
          www.anxietynomore.co.uk
          The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
          Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
          Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

HOW can she be moving counterclockwise - it's impossible!
            www.madinmelbourne.com.au
            the ART of Making A Difference

Comment

She is definetly moving clockwise - even when I try really hard I can't see her going the other way!
              Trish
              www.Limebrook.com
              www.MountainWalk.co.uk
              www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
              www.TucsonForBeginners.com
              www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

Well with me I see her moving clockwise 80% of the time and when I really focus she moves anti-clockwise.....lol

But then what would I expect from my Half Reptilian Alien Brain..........hee hee hee.......lol

Manny(THE ALIEN LEADER)
                Click Here to See the Vodaliens Album & Join the Club!! Sendyour personal photo to be alienated to the Vodalien Group

www.astralengineering.net
                www.masqueradecreations.com

Comment

I can only see her going clockwise. It is inconceivable to me she could be going the opposite. And I don't think any amount of going away and coming back could change that! (believe me, I've tried) But when I showed it to my wife, within 10 seconds she saw her change directions several times. Strange! I wonder if any gender specific studies have been done lol?
                  Btw, in everyday life I am much more left than right brain dominated. That's why I can make a pretty page but can't get the hang of a script or anything that that is not a real word like mysql or whatever it is lol....
                  Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

whoops. stupid mistake... lol....I mean, I'm more right brain dominant. I'm so spaced out I can't even write what I'm thinking and get it right. So I guess I'm seeing her properly from my viewpoint after all...
                    Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

That is weird she started off anticlockwise but when I blinked she changed direction. When I stared with out blinking she still switched direction. I struggle to get my brain working at the best of times so I reckon its a clever trick.

Comment

I see her most definetly counter clockwise. Now this will blow you away- turn you head upside down and it reverses!

I read a book one year called Drawing on the Right side of the Brain- fantastic book and I encourage anyone to give it a test. The results will astound you.

Basically- we function day to day with the left side. Have you ever been driving and all of a sudden are snapped back to reality and you are much further in your travels than anticipated? Maybe even missed your freeway exit? That is because the left side was taking care of a common task while you daydreamed. Quite amazing. Turning your head upside down forces the right side to take over and analyze the situation as it is quite different than what is set or engrained in our left side up till now.

Anyway- just my two cents.

Andy (or some of you are calling me Cliff Clavin from Cheers by now)
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

There is a book I have been reading NOUVEAU TECH it's a real interesting book about the righ and left brain way of thinking the book will change the way you look at life no more mystics way of looking at things. It's worth the read.

Comment

I've seen this before and initially see her rotating clockwise. But, if I look at her lowest foot's shadow and tell myself it's going counter clockwise, then I'm able to see it so. It's fun to toggle the brain back and forth. Of course, it took a lot of drugs during the '60s for me to be able to do that now.

Comment

Working...
                              X