Beginning customer- add a web search box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginning customer- add a web search box

Hi- I am just learning the webbuilder with blueVoda- which I LOVE!!
    but I promised myself if I ever had a website I would have a "search" box for searching my website for keywords. I have yet to find a way to add this box to my index/home page. I figured there would be a icon/option within the control panel...but if its there--I am not finding it.

help. please.

Re: Beginning customer- add a web search box

There are lots of them on the web you can add to your website. I use freefind on my sites.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am really quite surprised there is not an integrated solution within Bluevoda as this is a standard website tool. What do they recommend..do they say you have to use a 3rd party plugin?

I will check out freefind..Thank You kindley for responding...

Comment

actually - it's not standard in all the builders out there - it's standard in using word programs. And is something slowly being added to builders.

Why don't you paste your text into a word program for now and check it there.

I deleted your other post on this same thing. To find your posts - click to go into your user cp - and then click to see your subscribed threads - that will show you all threads you've posted to.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi as beth said, typing your text in word 1st also has the advantage of spell checking to the way you machine is set up for your part of the world. If its English you are using? there are many differences between different areas to how a word may be spelt, & somtimes feels odd when reading what feels like a spelling mistake, but is actually the way it is spelt in that region of the world.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Just one other note - if you do use word - please, before movig the text to BV - move it to notepad to strip any codes that you might accidentally bring with. You want all coding, etc, to be done with the BV editor (colors, text justification, etc).
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello Flagme, ( Hello Chris and Beth )
              I have been asking the same questions but have found out that if you are not computer programing wise ( I am one of those people ) and want to it to look professionally you are probably better off paying for it .
              It cost me 39.00 and got a customizable search box.( I think it was Beth that suggested it to me )
              Paying for it will save you time, and nerves even money .
              You can check my website www.vullcanairbrush.com and if you are interested in getting the same customizable search box you can get it at http://www.site-search-pro.com/
              I think you can request an installation as well. I paid NavalDesigns to do it for me which he did a great job.

Best of luck to you
              Sinisa

P.S. Chris if you have time I would like to ask you to look at my site vortexairtools.com and tell me why wont my"go menu work" if you can.It would mean whole lot alot .
              regards

Comment

Hi, must admit i cant see whats making this happen. I can only assume there is a conflict with something else on the page. Might be worth taking this go menu & placing it on a blank page to see if it works ok. At least this will eliminate if its the go menu. Also try removing common elements one by one from the page to see if it solves the problem (just one at a time & place it back if its still the same) I would try the most common things 1st, like the main menu, to see if this is conflicting.

Ps, i noticed that the index page is a GO menu & the others are just select. If this was copied & pasted to anther page then changed from go to select? It may also be worth looking at.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

let my website be to accessed by all networks.Ihave tried severaltimes but atleast now.how do i get to be known

Comment

Originally posted by Collectors-info View Post
                    Hi, must admit i cant see whats making this happen. I can only assume there is a conflict with something else on the page. Might be worth taking this go menu & placing it on a blank page to see if it works ok. At least this will eliminate if its the go menu. Also try removing common elements one by one from the page to see if it solves the problem (just one at a time & place it back if its still the same) I would try the most common things 1st, like the main menu, to see if this is conflicting.

Ps, i noticed that the index page is a GO menu & the others are just select. If this was copied & pasted to anther page then changed from go to select? It may also be worth looking at.

Thank you Chris So much I did take a look at it and it seems i have had a misspelled code for "no cache" when I removed it it worked fine i have to find the the right spelling for that code ..darn the code...
                    Thank you ever so much
                    Sinisa

Comment

Working...
                    X