Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About replacing index.html to index.php

Hello ,
    Currently our homepage of www.stockmarketindian.com is index.html if we replace index.html to index.php is it going to affect people finding us through search engine?
    Please let us know.
    thanks
    regards
    Satish

Re: About replacing index.html to index.php

Hi, only bouncing the post up again. Would be interesting to hear about this one. On look through other forums there is a lot of mention on having the html extension parsed for php via htaccess. I get the impresion this is for s html site going to php, but not sure on this part, but hopefully someone will pop a long & solve the query & shed some light.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Originally posted by SatishM View Post
      Hello ,
      Currently our homepage of www.stockmarketindian.com is index.html if we replace index.html to index.php is it going to affect people finding us through search engine?
      Please let us know.
      thanks
      regards
      Satish
      No, doesn't affect anyone finding you, doesn't change that at all.
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

The only issue I see is if someone has bookmarked your page as: www.stockmarketindian.com/index.html

If you replace the file then they will get a 404 error from their bookmark. Otherwise replacing that file will have no effect.

On another note, if you have both files in your public_html folder then the index.html file will load as the default and index.php will not unless you type the URL and include index.php. I used this setup for a while when I was working on my site.
        Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

As stated, changing the index page to php from html or vice versa, will not effect THAT page on the se's - as long as you are going to the page in the standard method: www.yourwebsite.com.

It WILL effect if you change internal pages - so you'll need to do a redirect from each of those - because they are seen with the extension on them.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
          X