optimise my site so all browsers can read it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimise my site so all browsers can read it

Hi all. Might be a stupid question but looking at my site on firefox it doesnt show properly, i.e. the contact us page looks wierd. I need to know how I can optimise my site to suit all browsers.

Thanks

Jan

Re: optimise my site so all browsers can read it

Hi jan... Using common text for all computers help...look here about that... Then I have firefox and explorer available for my web builder previewing ...that helps to tweek it up...Hope that helps... Doug

Comment

Originally posted by j&p04 View Post
      Hi all. Might be a stupid question but looking at my site on firefox it doesnt show properly, i.e. the contact us page looks wierd. I need to know how I can optimise my site to suit all browsers.

Thanks

Jan
      jan
      How about letting us look at your affected pages?
      What is your site address?
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Percentage wise, i tend to find building with FF leaves less work to make it ok with IE.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you for your replies. The website is www.boardanalysis.co.uk

Jan

Comment

Firefox tends to be a little more forgiving of some formatting issues. particularly line breaks. I actually test my sites with both FF and IE just to be sure.

The best way to optimize for both is to keep your design straightforward especially with CSS because I've found that there are difference in how each browser will display the results.

I pulled up your site in both IE and FF and the Contact Us page is definitely not working in FF. I pulled up the source for the page and there are a lot of style definitions. I think simplifying the styles will make a difference in how it's displayed. Check this one where you define your input boxes to start with:

font-size:101587256px;

This doesn't seem quite right.

One other comment is that the images you have for your advertising page are 790Kb each. You might want to resize them so the page doesn't take forever to load.
            Mattski

http://www.ScorpioFire.com

Comment

Mattski's post was enlightening. Problem I'm having is that drop-down menu blocks are fine in IE, but shortened in width using Firefox, prohibiting their use. Also, horizontal lines are fine in IE but skewed in Firefox.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Steve
              www.irstnorcal.com

Comment

Just on the side: the Mail Merge page has a double on the very bottom and only some of the navigation buttons have effects (in IE), otherwise the page looks great.

Comment

Working...
                X