about making a table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about making a table

can it be done want to make a table like this http://www.*******s.com/steel-sharks...enerpatrol.htm
    but when you in put data in to a box it adds it up and puts it in the right place

Re: about making a table

It can be done - it requires programming it properly.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

who can i get to help me with this

Comment

Hello wildchild

If I understand you correctly; what you want is a simple spreadsheet inserted into your site. I assume you will want to update it with new data occasionally.

Click on the "OLE object" tool on the left side of the BV site builder.

A properties box will open. Select the "Create New" function; then select which ever spreadsheet application you want to use.

Click OK.

You now have a "mini spreadsheet" on your page. Pull the sizing handles to make it have the number of columns and rows that you want, initially.

Now just enter your data and put in any formulas you want.

When you are done; be sure to preview it; if it looks good, then you can publish it.

When you want to update the spreadsheet at a later date; open BV builder and that page; double click on the spreadsheet and it becomes an active spreadsheet again!

NOW THE DISCLAIMER!! I have not personally done this, but I checked the html code after I tested this proceedure and I see that BV created an image out of the spread sheet when I was done entering data into it. So, as far as I can tell it will view properly when published!

Hope this helps!

Comment

mmm yes that would be fine but the way i want it to work is to have boxes at the bottom of each column so when you put the data in like in the pic i made and click GO it adds the score to what name you have in the box and to be able to add names to the table

click to make bigger

Comment

This requires a custom php script. The complexity of such a script goes beyond the function of this forum. However- don't fret yet!!

There are two people on this forum who have php scripting services and they are very good and extremely reasonable. I suggest you contact them for a quote.

Navaldesign

Watdafilp

Cheers- Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X