how to retrieve all files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to retrieve all files

Hello, my computer crashed and I had to get a new one. And I was wondering how to get my file folders back onto my conputer. Also I know have Vista and no longer have microsoft outlook as my main email- I know have windows mail and would like to know how to convert my email that I use for my site to use this account email.
    Thanks for any help on this.
    Toni
    Holisic Pet Products
    Pet Lovers Wanted!
    Flawless Skin
    5 Star Fish Oil

Re: how to retrieve all files

i can't help you with the email question but here goes with retrieving your site:
    1. download the most recent BV website builder to your harddrive
    2. ftp all files from the server to your hard drive, including images.
    3. go to new page and select "from existing Html page"
    4. choose remote internet
    5. type in the exact url address of each page of your website.
    6. i would start with the home page and then do the same for each page.
    good luck
    and hope this helps
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks, I got it now. But If I try to make a color change on a excisiting page it will not let me and also if I make a new page and try to use some of my pictures they are there but then when I view them in publisher they do not show up. Do you know how to fix this?
      Toni
      Holisic Pet Products
      Pet Lovers Wanted!
      Flawless Skin
      5 Star Fish Oil

Comment

Hi:

When you import pages things aren't perfect .. but you've got them right! .. so any text that will not change you will need to create a new text box and no doubt be having to type that information in again .. as well with your pictures, just go up to your site and right click and save these pictures and save them again to your computer, then reinsert them - you might even need to change the name of them if they do not come in cleanly for you .. you will know, - try reinserting, if u are not successful, rename and reinsert the pics again .. you won't need to republish these pages unless you are making changes.. and dependent on what type of navigation and other elements you have on your pages, the same will apply, as the import brings these elements in as images .. so you might need reinserting these ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X