index page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• index page

I'm a little confused with naming the index page on my site. I can see my front page is the index, which I actually want to call 'personally'... if you visit the site you can see i have the same info on both pages. If I delete the 'personally' page how will people be able to find it as a home page?
    www.madinmelbourne.com.au
    the ART of Making A Difference

Re: index page

What ever page you want people to see when they click on your site- name that page index.

Then all future links from your internal pages back to that page will simply be http://www.madinmelbourne.com.au

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Hi, you have to have an index page as this is the 1st thing the Internet machinery will look for when entering your site. So your http://www.madinmelbourne.com.au/ should always be index. This is the file name of your page. But you can always change the title to (personally), as the title & file name are 2 different & separate parts of a page.

Good luck.

Ah'ha! Andy's here as well with the faster fingers. lol
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

you can name your home page anything you want, Home or Personally, the only thing you have to do is save it as index. when someone types in your website address the personlly page will appear. all other pages can be named and saved as the same, but your home page must be saved as index.
        to name your page you do this by right clicking your background and page properties and give the page a name.
        hope this clears up the confusion in your mind
        ps: did you put that font on your site for downloading? if so where?
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

thanks guys, makes sense... still having a few issues with the font accessibility. Let me know via the email address on the site if you'd like it and I'll happily send it to you.

Comment

font is ready for downloading

Comment

Working...
            X