Video Not Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Not Playing

my name is Jamal Floyd and I am a voda host customer and my url is www.whatdeydousa.com, - please reply to me at allstarmailbox******.com -
    i am trying to use the active x control to play video on my website. when i publish it the video plays on my computer but when you view my site from another computer the video does not play, the media player is there, but the video will not play.

can u please assist me with solving this problem thanx

please reply to: allstarmailbox******.com
    thanx

Re: Video Not Playing

1) The issue is with your second PC and not Bluevoda. If the video works on one computer then that should answer your question.

2) Any videos will open on a person's PC with a program THEY have installed, you cannot change this. E.G you may have it set with windows media, but someone else's Pc may have Real Player as their default player. You are going to get issues when having videos on any site and it's likely they will not work for everyone.

3) Give us the exact url of the video in question so we can give you a better answer.

4) Please only post your questions ONCE on this forum. Posting them many times will more than likely lead to them being ignored.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

my url is www.whatdeydousa.com i used my other pc that has windows media player as its default player and it still does not work.
      when i visit other sites such as www.bet.com they have video the plays on all of my computers.
      What is the best way to load the video files on media player in active x so that they have a chance to be view be everyone who visits my website?

thanx for your help,
      please reply

Comment

Have you placed the video on your server via FTP?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

no i have not. i dont know how to do that i am a beginner at web site building.
          can you tell me how to do it, please?

Comment

Ok, let's say your movie is called show.mov

Open your BV program click on Tools > FTP Manager

Sign IN

You will see TWO windows.

LH Side is your PC
            RH Side is your Server

Make sure that the server is open on the public_html Folder

Find the file on the LH screen and drag it accross into the public_html folder.

Then your link would be www.whatdeydousa.com/show.mov

This should then work.

Comment

okay, i did the first couple of steps but when i open the ftp manager and sign in the screen opens to into two sides LH and RH, and there are a ton of files on both sides, how to i import this onto my page.

i typed in www.whatdeydousa.com/show.mov but i still did not see my movies playing, not even on my pc.

am i missing a step?

after i move the files to the left hand side am i supposed to click on the windows media player and insert the file the same way?

pleae help

Comment

okay, im getting it slowly.
                when i go into media player i type in www.whatdeydousa.com/ (the name of my file) - got that!
                now i want to know if i have to have the file name a certain way? (like without spaces) or can i just type in the name of the file the way it is... such as "www.whatdeyousa.com/mr. lucci late - night coasting"
                how do have i to name the files and how do i have to type it in the url box?

thanx for all your help,
                please reply

Comment

You can name the file anything you like, as long as you leave it's extension e.g. .mov

So if you save the video as pdiddy.mov then you make your link EXACTLy thus:

www.whatdeydousa.com/pdiddy.mov

It is important that you make sure the name on the link is exactly the same as the file including lower and upper case etc.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Malstar View Post
                    okay, im getting it slowly.
                    when i go into media player i type in www.whatdeydousa.com/ (the name of my file) - got that!
                    now i want to know if i have to have the file name a certain way? (like without spaces) or can i just type in the name of the file the way it is... such as "www.whatdeyousa.com/mr. lucci late - night coasting"
                    how do have i to name the files and how do i have to type it in the url box?

thanx for all your help,
                    please reply

all file names and urls applied need to match identically to the name of the file .. It's totally recommended to not use spaces in a url or if you want to space between the words use the _ underscore symbol to join words - this will give you a nice clean url - leaving spaces sometimes works, however you will notice a % symbol usually in the url - you don't want this ..

examples - please use http://www.yourdomain in front of all of these examples ...

.com/grapes.pdf
                    .com/songs.mp3
                    .com/school.doc
                    .com/looks.mov

A suggestion though, I believe .mov needs quicktime to open the file and some users that do not have quick time installed on their computer will not be able to open your video.
                    Everyone has windows media - I would recommend you convert the .mov files to windows media player format ... .wmv extension - your videos will have greater success.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by Malstar View Post
                      okay, i did the first couple of steps but when i open the ftp manager and sign in the screen opens to into two sides LH and RH, and there are a ton of files on both sides, how to i import this onto my page.

i typed in www.whatdeydousa.com/show.mov but i still did not see my movies playing, not even on my pc.

am i missing a step?

after i move the files to the left hand side am i supposed to click on the windows media player and insert the file the same way?

pleae help
                      You don't move ANYTHING over to the LH side, Just find the file on the LH window and drag it over to your public_html folder in the RH window.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyEye View Post

A suggestion though, I believe .mov needs quicktime to open the file and some users that do not have quick time installed on their computer will not be able to open your video.
                        Everyone has windows media - I would recommend you convert the .mov files to windows media player format ... .wmv extension - your videos will have greater success.
                        Holly I don't know if his movie is a .mov file, it was me who used this as an example sorry. I had only just added one to one of my sites seconds before so I used it as an example. But yes I totally agree with you that he has more chance with a media file.

Comment

thanx for all your help.
                          so i should move the files from the LH to the RH and them make sure that they are named without any spaces or symbols and then make sure that they are .wmp format?
                          cool, so when i move files from the left to the right will the automatically change to the format that i want or do i need to get software that converts the files into .wpm format?
                          all my video files are .mpg, will those work?

Comment

If you want to change the files format you will need to do this yourself. No , moving the file won't change it.

I don't profess to be a movie file expert so not sure about .mpg?

Can anyone else answer this?

Comment

Ok .. mpg format is good, much better than .mov - and will play with windows media player, realtime, no worries there .. you will not need to do any file converting beforehand and Marincky seems to have you pointed in the correct directory for where you want these to be ..

mpg - video & mpeg (mac - I think)
                              mp3 - audio

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                              02036089024 / United Kingdom
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                              X