Each page opens a new IE Browser instead of Only One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each page opens a new IE Browser instead of Only One

I don't know how to fix this. Each page of my website opens a new internet browser when you open it. How do you make it stay in the same browser?

Also now each page opens half sized, not maximized. It didn't do this when I first published the site but now it is.

Please help, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    The website is expertfloorcoverings.org to get an idea of what I mean.

thanks,
    expert1

Re: Each page opens a new IE Browser instead of Only One

Originally posted by expert1 View Post
    I don't know how to fix this. Each page of my website opens a new internet browser when you open it. How do you make it stay in the same browser?

Also now each page opens half sized, not maximized. It didn't do this when I first published the site but now it is.

Please help, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    The website is expertfloorcoverings.org to get an idea of what I mean.

thanks,
    expert1
    Hi .. when you apply the url for the link do not fill in the target area - sounds like you have set it to _blank - instead keep this area empty.

You only want to apply _blank to a url that goes off of your website, this will keep your browser window open for your own website and open another for the url they are going to ...

Your window sizes are with your own computer - just tug on the sides of the pages and pull them to your screen size, you must have minimized somewhere with all these pages open ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

When you hyperlink, you will see
      Link type
      URL
      Target
      Bookmark

For Target, choose --- self
      It means when anyone click on the link, the page will be the address in URL without open the new page or new window.

Comment

Actually, if you don't pick any target at all - it will default to self :) But it's always good to know your options and where to find them.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by tcottow View Post
          When you hyperlink, you will see
          Link type
          URL
          Target
          Bookmark

For Target, choose --- self
          It means when anyone click on the link, the page will be the address in URL without open the new page or new window.
          An easier option is just to leave that field empty as LadyEye suggest. You should find it is empty when you go to add a link, so just leave it as.

You only use the _blank as mentioned when you want to go to an external site or there is a genuine reason for having two pages of your site open, possibly a price list or map etc.
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

SNAP Beth! Sorry, typing at same time LOL
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
            X