Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd website

Hello
    I am ready to build another website. I have alreday bought the domain name from voda host.

What is my next step?

Thanks
    John

Re: 2nd website

Originally posted by john777 View Post
    Hello
    I am ready to build another website. I have alreday bought the domain name from voda host.

What is my next step?

Thanks
    John

You will need to log into your vbs - vodahost billing services - (found near the bottom of your domain purchase email you received) .. go in there to Manage my domains - choose the domain you wish to manage and choose dns servers - once you find the servers change those to your two vodahost servers - the ns.??.vodahost.com numbers -

Next step will be adding on this domain ..

log into your control panel - choose the icon ADDON DOMAIN - you will be prompted to type the new name of your domain - you will add the .com or .net whatever it is and the next line will fill in for you which will be without the .com or .net - this is the directory it will create - add on this domain. - things will propogate for you and if you type in your domain name you should see just index - cgi files

- next you will want to be sure you have on your own computer, a new folder to hold all the .bvp files you will create with blue voda. Having its own folder will prevent you from overwriting any .bvp files that will have the same names as your main site - example - index - contactus - who knows, right?

So remember you will create and publish a page called index to bring your website live - all will be the same except ..

publish your .bvp pages to public_html/nameofdomain
    (the new directory you create for your add on domain)

You will need to physically type this after public_html/ in the publish box when you go to publish pages to this site - and then you will need to remove this when you go to publish pages to your main site ..

Tip - Keep each index files handy for "all your sites" - it wouldn't be an uncommon thing to publish site a's index page to site b - ha - have done this - if you do - simply republish the other page and you might want to then remove your files from the other directory .. LOL ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi LadyEye,

..and that is if it is John's own site, right? Am I right to say that if the 2nd site is for another customer, you would not use an add-on domain, but rather a domain all on its own?
      Bless you
      Tom

Comment

Maybe a silly question but if i have to have a separate folder for my new domain, does this mean i have to download the website builder for that domain too so i don't get the folders and pages mixed up? If i was to download it again, would it overwrite what i have on my main folder, the one which i downloaded the first time? Thanks! If i don't have to download it again, how do i separate the two?
        Bellemom AKA Desiree

www.edenandelle.com

Comment

Nope - use your same downloaded software - just put the pages in a different folder. I name each folder with the name of the website. Makes it simple.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ok, will do.
            Thanks Bethers, much appreciated!
            Bellemom AKA Desiree

www.edenandelle.com

Comment

Working...