Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autoresponder triggered by clicking button on site

Hi,
    I recently tried--and succeeded--in creating an autoresponder e-mail is triggered when a particular (BV-based) e-mail address receives an e-mail message.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can get an autoresponder to go out when a user clicks a particular button on one of my BV web sites. Seems like it would be similar to a "thankyou.php" page that pops up right after a user hits the submit button on my Contact form, but I'm still not sure how to set up this kind of autoresponder. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Re: Autoresponder triggered by clicking button on site

Hi . . . just checking in to see if anyone had posted an answer for me to this question. Would love it if Ladyeye, Bethers, ***** or Navaldesign could offer their wisdom. Thanks!

Comment

Use ABVFP, and a simple form. ABVFP will send out an autoresponder message (with whatever content you like) to all users that will submit the form.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks, Naval. I have been looking through the thread you linked me to, and to the ones linked in the signature block of your messages, and I can't seem to find where to download ABVFP. Can you give more specific directions to it? Thanks!

Comment

My signature, and when you get to my site click on "ABVFP"

Or, directly click on"Advanced BlueVoda Form processor" in my signature.
          Navaldesign
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Naval, sorry to have to ask another question, but when I click on "Advanced BlueVoda Form processor" in your signature, I don't know what to click on in order to download ABVFP.

But, when I watch the two BV tutorials about forms, it all seems like stuff I am able to do with the Forms tool that I now have in BV. Maybe I've already downloaded ABVFP. Is there some way I can check (probably in control panel) to see if I've downloaded it? THANK YOU!

Comment

Jim, when you click on ABVFP in my signature, you get redirected to the ABVFP thread. Thre, at the very beginong, it says : Download it from this location. You have to click that (or here).

Please do not confuse the tutorials with ABVFP. The tutorials show how you can create a simple form, and process the info submitted so that it gets emailed to you. But, the script included in the tutorial, will NOT allow you to send out an autoresponder message. So, you should, yes, create your form excacly as shown in the tutorial, BUT, you have to ptocess it with ABVFP. So, download ABVFP, and read the step by step tutorial that comes with the rest, in the zip.

If you have already downloaded ABVFP, it will be somewhere in your computer (download means transfer a file or a group of files from the internet on your computer). So look first on your computer.
              If you have also installed in in your site, then you should have a ABVFP (or similarly named) folder in your site.
              Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you. Although I'm now able to download the ABVFP file to my hard drive, when I click on it there to open and install it, I get (every time) the message, "Cannot open the file; it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again." I am using the "evaluation version" of WinZip to open it. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Click to download again, and select a different location on your computer to save it.
                  Navaldesign

Comment

Originally I had saved the (.zip) file to a folder inside the "Program Files" folder of my C drive. So this time I tried saving it directly to the C drive itself. Got the same result. Is there a particular location on my computer that you recommend I save it to (or NOT save it to)?

Comment

Will ABVfp form help with receiving form data? I have a form on my site as well as a auto responder that goes to customer after form has been filled out, I do not receive the form data at the appointed email address. All settings are correct according to Blue Voda Tutorials (3x). Confused why data doesn't show up in my in box....

BV Support says all looks good on the log. I do receive email at my website info address but do not receive "form" data.... can you help?

Kristine

www.themerrybird.com

Comment

Your action page seems ok, though we can't know ehat is the php script that you have embedded in it. Sometimes, it is a question of ISP and emails blocked by spam filters.

Try with a email address within your own VH account. If this doesn't work (or if this is what you already have) post here the php script that you have used.

ABVFP does the same thing as the simple tutorial script (though in a better way). If the problem is with your ISP or spam filters, you will not have any better result with ABVFP
                        Navaldesign

Comment

eeish guys i need some help, i want to able to move from one page to the other by clickng on the button but it does't show the hyperlink icon

Comment

Working...
                          X