Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index problem

Hello my domain name is www.ClanGreenDragoon.com

My problem is how do i get rid of the old index and add a new one? I already created the replacement index. When you visit my site you will notice a link to the new and improved pages, which is a link to the same pages but better, so my problem is how do i get rid of the old index and replace it with the new index that i already made and published (the black and green one from the link)?

I dont know how much more in detail i can get, so you dont misunderstand my question. I think i read something about FTP able to control your pages, but i didnt see anything at that time about replacing old index's with a new one/taking a already made page and making that the "New Index page" Thats really what im trying to do if possible.

Can anyone help? Thank you for hearing me out and trying to help even if you cant. I enjoy BlueVoda alot and its a wonderful website maker!

Re: Index problem

Hi

You can simply name your new main page as index, overwrite the other and republish ... this will work for the index page ..

Now if you have named all your newly created pages with the same names as your old creations, again you can simply publish over them. If they have new names, well then they will publish the same and be new page names ..

If you are having problems publishing over those pages with the same names delete the page first from either the control panel or the ftp manager in the following way ..

To delete any of your existing pages that you do not want, you can go into your control panel, file manager and choose the .html pages that you no longer need - you get a second chance in control panel if you make a mistake - or you can go into the ftp manager and choose the pages you do not want and delete from there - no second chance, they are removed instantly when you choose delete . I suggest being sure of what you are doing before you delete from ftp manager. It is not a problem if you delete a page that you also have the content on your computer, you can just republish again - however if you mistakenly delete an operating file for your account, then you would run into trouble.

Remember, you need to always maintain a page named, saved and published as index.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X