Now I have both sites the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I have both sites the same

Hi - I have 2 different sites that I have done for clients in Blue Voda. When I uploaded the second one, it uploaded on both of my sites. So, obviously, I have one mad client who is wondering what happened to his site.

Why did it upload on both? How can I fix this?

Thanks all,

Anne Smith

Re: Now I have both sites the same

Without giving us more information, you can't do a lot!!!

Can you at least give us the two urls?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Sure - No problem. I should have thought to do it when I first posted. The first site is http://www.shadinghawaii.com and the second one is http://www.ezbreathehawaii.com. Any help is appreciated.

Anne Smith

Comment

ok, are these two different clients or do the two sites belong to the same client?
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

They are different clients. I need to figure out what went wrong as I have another site to post as well. Thanks.

Anne

Comment

Hi,

This was happened to me before. (Seems you publish your 2 index in one folder). Make sure that the index file are not publish in the same folder. Just a suggestion for you not the be confused, make a different folder for each website you are working on in your public_html folder, then publish each website to its appropriate folder, then you can access it separately.

Hope this will help you.
            janeth
            www.millarefoundation.com

Comment

Well firstly if they are different clients you should be creating a new hosting account for each one. It is against the Vodahost T&C's if I am understanding you correctly.

Secondly, you must grasp the basic functions of how to publish to the correct folders if you are to start building for other clients. I can imagine they won't be very happy to see other websites on their domain.

Comment

Thanks for the replys. I do have separate hosting accounts for each client. And I will be having another hosting account coming up.

So with BlueVoda, I thought I did have separate folders. I am still not clear on how to fix this. Can you explain a little more into detail? Thank you.

Anne

Comment

Can I save my web sites to the desktop in different folders? Will this help or hurt when publishing instead of in blue voda files?

Comment

Ok, really not sure what you have done then if you have seperate accounts?

When you create a page you save it in your blue voda filw which is usually found in 'My Documents'

Then if you create a new hosting account for a new site, you still save the files in this Blue Voda folder, but inside a NEW folder entitled whatever the new site is called so that you can see what site is what.

Then when you publish each site you MUST use the publishing details for each different account. You will have received a welcome email for ALL accounts you opened up.

Comment

OHHHH - So when I publish, I have to make a new folder on the server side for each of my accounts?

OK then I was using the same login info from the older site to post the newer one?

I think I have it now. Thanks.

Anne Smith

Comment

Originally posted by annerosin View Post
                        OHHHH - So when I publish, I have to make a new folder on the server side for each of my accounts?

NO!!! . If you have seperate accounts, then you just publish to the public_html folder for each acount.

OK then I was using the same login info from the older site to post the newer one?

Then this is obviously going to go to the same account then.

I think I have it now. Thanks.

My fingers are crossed for you!

Anne Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X