pages do not show up when viewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pages do not show up when viewed

I just updated my website and I am having problems with pages not showing up on the internet browser. I just revised my navigation menu bar and I seem to be having problems with 5 pages not being able to be viewed. Here is a link of a good page on my navigation menu

I can view this page 1 of antique but I cannot view antique page 2 through 6.

Here is what happens when you try to view page 2 through 6

I have tried everything. I have html at the end of the link properties page. I have the spelling correct and when I built the navigation menu bar the link type is http.

HELP from all who enter and it will be much appreaciated!!

Thank You, Paul gaswizard

www.qualitylighting.net

Re: pages do not show up when viewed

Just go back and check that the pages not showing are EXACTLY as you have in the links.

e.g http://www.qualitylighting.net/antiquepage2.html

Make sure your page is called 'antiquepage2' and not 'Antiquepage2' or 'antique_page_2' etc etc.

If it IS EXACTLY correct just publish those pages again.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

This has to be something so straight forward, so i am guessing you have saved the page in bv as 'antiquepage2' exactly like this?

Don't want to teach you how to suck eggs but asking back to basic questions might help.

Darren

Comment

The saying "been there, done that", Well I have tried all suggestions and no luck. I have been doing this BVH thing for sometime now but I am truly stumped on this one. I have everything in order and any other help will be great!

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

I GUARANTEE if the page name is correct and you are publishing correctly then the page WILL show up.

Don't take offence as no matter how experienced anyone is, it's always the most obvious error that usually is staring at us in the face.

Do you have any addon domains? Is the folder public_html or do you have it set for an addon domain? i.e public_html/addondomain
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I know you are right about this. I to have looked into the refridgerator for the mustard and cannot find it then my wife opens it up and it is right there in front of her face.

????????????????

www.qualitylighting.net

Comment

Ok, so you are 100000% sure the page is named correctly

You are 100000% sure it's publishing to the correct folder

I presume when you publish the pages you get the 'OK, Published' message?...

I really have run out of ideas....

The only thing I can say to you is this happened to me once, went on for hours and hours and hours.... kept publishing over and over, I was sure everything was ok.... then I found out it was something so very obvious!!!! Sometimes we look too hard no?

All I can say is I hope you work out what it is, I am pretty certain it's not a program error or anything like that. Do keep us informed though

Comment

I just went through it again. Looked into my navigation menu and saw that I have it all layed out correctly. Looked at my page properties which is correct, look at all my http and thay are correct, .html is at the end of every page, spelling is so correct and I am seeing words that do not make sense now, butt iss alll speelled correectlyy eye promise!!

Comment

I don't know if this has anything to do with it... but I just run a sitemap for your site and it only found two pages? Now you might want to try it yourself as my internet conncetion is really bad at the moment.

give it a go http://www.xml-sitemaps.com

If it says 2 pages for you too then you might want to find out why. Do you have any SE robot blocks in place?

Comment

I just went to the site and I see 2 pages indexed. Should I have more pages indexed? I rank 6 with yahoo when you look for the search antique lighting and rank 20 when you use the search antique lighting.

I do not know if I have robot blocks and would not know where to look if I have them.

Comment

The sitemap should pick up every page you have published, it's not what Google have indexed it's what is published on your server and it's not picking them up.

I am afraid my expertise ends here sorry... someone will see this post soon and have an answer for you I am sure. Hang in there

Comment

leaving page properties to one side are you saving your BV pages correctly

ie I've just created an About Us page

so I go File, Save Page as and name it 'aboutus'

this page then automatically has this url when published http://www.abccompany.co.uk/aboutus.html

I am wondering if you are confusing how you save the page correctly, with the naming the page in page properties.

Darren

Comment

Darren and Marincky, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well here is what the problem was, I was not saving the pages properly. I was saving it like this:

antique 2

when it should have read

antiquepage2

So I corrected one page like this antiquepage2 and YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Man this was a pain in the @#$#$%^

But all is better now and Thanks to my fellow blue voda hosters!!!!!!!!!

Paul is all better now, thanks so much.

Comment

easy mistake but you got there in the end, nice one.

Good luck with your site

Darren

Comment

Told you it would be something obvious LOL. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X